Chapter 11

Hayley's pov

The last few days have gone by so fast. I was really sad about leaving tonight. I'm really glad I decided to surprise Hope and not chicken out.

If I didn't come, we wouldn't be official, which is crazy to think about. Megan says she hasn't been this happy in a long time and I'm happy I'm making her happy. I haven't been this happy in a long time and I can't wait to see her again.

Camp should be coming up within the next couple weeks, it's pretty obvious that she will be called up, since she's the number one goal keeper. I hope I get called up. I guess I'm not letting myself get my hopes up. Even though Hope is pretty sure I'm getting a call.

I also got a concussion on my very first cap. So hopefully jill and the rest of the coaching staff don't think I'm a risk or clumsy. I've had worse things happen to me.

"You packed babe?" Asks Hope standing in the doorway, I knew she was just as sad as I was, definitely trying her hardest to show she was chill and perfectly fine. It's another thing I've learned from getting close to her, she doesn't seem to like to show to much emotion, I think she wants everyone to believe she's good and fine, when In reality she might not be.

"Yeah sadly" I say zipping up my bag, I turn around and pull her into a hug. My flight leaves In about 4 hours, but we planned on going to dinner and then heading straight to the airport afterwards so I had to pack and be ready to go.

We went to this pizza place for dinner and we both shared a pepperoni cheese stuffed crust pizza. Definitely not the healthiest thing but It was amazing.

Once we finish dinner, we pay and head back to the car and begin the drive to the airport. Hope had one hand on the steering wheel and she was holding my left hand with her free hand. The closer and closer we got to the airport the more I was dreading to say goodbye. Even if it's only for a few weeks.

Hope was telling me if I didn't get the call for upcoming camp that she would come and stay with me for a few days after camp.

What I didn't tell Hope was that I was offered a spot on the Seattle reign team, but I've also been talking with the coach of the Houston Dash. Since the Dash is in Texas I would still be able to complete in barrel racing and bull riding. But at the same time I'd be willing to give It up if It means Hope and I can be in the same state and city. I told both coaches that I needed time to think It through. Since the season was almost over I still had a few months before signing a contract for the new season next year. I do know that I don't want to wait until last minute to decide but I'm thankful neither of them are pushing to hard.

Soon enough we pull up to the airport, instead of dropping me off Hope decided to park and walk in with me to say goodbye which I wasn't mad about. Before we get out of the car, I kiss her. She kissed me right back.

"Thank you for surprising me. I'm so happy you came. These last couple days have been the best days I've had in a really long time." Says Hope pulling me into a hug.

"I'm happy I came too and I have to agree that these last couple days have been the best I've had in a while too. I'm really sad that I have to leave." I say hugging her back.

"Camps in a week or two, then we'll be together again." She says

"Yeah very true, even if I don't get the call you're still coming to visit right?" I ask

"Of course!" she says smiling and we slowly pull away from our hug.

"I'll see you soon." I say

"See you soon." She says

I hug her one last time.

"I love you" I say not realizing I just said what I said. All of a sudden my eyes widened.

Oh fuck did I really just say that out loud?! Oh my god I'm so stupid.

"I love you too" she says and I can't stop the huge smile on my face.

Oh god I dodged a bullet!

"Text me when you land." she says

"I will I promise." I say

I head to check in and make my way to security, I look back and Hope stayed right where she was standing and It took everything in me not to just turn around and hug her and to stay. Next time I'll definitely be staying longer.

After going through security and everything I wait for my flight. I texted Hope and told her to text me when she got home, even if I was already on my flight and wouldn't get that text until I landed.

Soon enough it's time to board the plane, the lady scans my ticket and I head down that long hallway to the plane. This flight didn't have set seating so I picked one on the right side in the middle ish. I sit by the window, incase someone needs to sit in the same row as me, but since this flight was so late, I don't think there were very many people going to be on this flight.

Since I would be getting in so late my mom and dad are dropping off my truck at the airport so I can just drive home and they won't need to pick up my car. I don't think Uber or Lyft are available this late.

Right before I had to turn airplane mode on, I get a text from Hope.

Hope: I'm home, I already miss you. I hope you have a safe flight, please don't forget to text me when you land and when you get home. I love you 💕

Me: I'm glad you made It home safely. I'll text you both times I promise. I love you more🥰

I turn my phone and Apple watch on airplane mode. I pull out my wired headphones so I can listen to music that I downloaded earlier in the day.

I somehow managed to fall asleep for few hours. Hopefully I won't be to tired tomorrow. Once I heard the pilots voice coming over the intercom, I sat up and buckled back up. The landing wasn't as smooth as I would have liked but I was happy to be on the ground and home.

It was just after 2 in the morning. I turned my phone off airplane mode and all my notifications started coming through I texted both Hope and my parents that I landed safely. I also got a text from my mom telling me where they parked my truck.

Since I didn't have to wait for a bag I was able to head straight through the airport and out to the parking lot. The drive home was dead since It was in the middle of the night. I bring my bag in and decide I'll unpack and wash stuff tomorrow. Since my flight was so late I was dressed in a sweatshirt and joggers. I didn't even bother changing, I texted Hope and my parents letting them know I was safe and home and as soon at my head hit my pillow I was out.

__________________________________

Bit shorter of a chapter then normal but I wanted to get this out before It became way to long to cut It off! Thanks for reading! I'm sorry for the late upload! It's currently 2:23 am for me 😴

I'm trying to upload everyday or at least every other day. I'm also working on a few new books but I haven't decided on when I will post those so be on the lookout! Next upload will either be this book or Coming Home (book 2) I'll try my hardest to do a double upload tomrrow since I don't have work.

I hope y'all have a great rest of your weekend and happy Fall!