Chapter 4

Still Hayley's  POV

(I just wanna say I have nothing against the Colombian team! I literally picked a random team on YouTube and USA vs Colombia was the one that popped up. I also don't think the scoring of the game in the book is the same as in this book)

It's game day and everyone was pumped and ready to go. We headed to the stadium early like always. We we're all getting ready while Jill was talking to us.

"Starters are Hope in goal, Kelley, Becky and Hayley in the back , Lindsey, Julie, Sam and Tobin are in mid with Alex, Christen and Carli in front. Let's score some goals." Says Jill

Holy shit I wasn't expecting to start on my first game! I must've done good with training and practice. I was so excited.

Everyone was In their own little worlds getting focused on the game. A ref came and said It was time to get lined up so we could head onto the field. We lined up and Colombia lined up next to us. We headed to the field and all stood in a line. We went through both national Anthems. We all stretched before starters took the field.

I was on the left, Becky was in the middle and Kelley was on the right. We waited for the ref to blow her whistle to signal the start of the game.

We wasted no time in scoring, Christen found the back of the net in the 5th minute. Colombia currently had the ball, Kelley and I were back father and Becky was a little more forward. Becky tried getting the ball but she missed her slide tackle, she got up quickly to chase the forward. They passed to the right and ended up getting past Kelley. The forward took the shot and Hope stopped It, Hope rolled the ball to me, I passed It up to Tobin and she passed It to Alex, It went just over the goal.

Soon enough Colombia was on our side again. This time running on the left side, she was slippery. Julie Sam and Becky we're running back to help. It was just me and the forward. She tried to cross to her teammate but I slid and knocked the ball out of bounds, It was a corner kick for Colombia. We all headed over to defend the box. The player kicked the ball and It landed perfectly in rhe center of the box, Hope came off her line and caught the ball, but she collided into one of the Colombia players. She held onto the ball but she was hunched over on her knees still holding the ball. I ran over and placed my hand on her back. The ref called It on Colombia.

"Are you good?" I ask

"Yeah I'm good." she says and I help her up before jogging back to my spot. She bends over for a second before standing straight again. She kicked the ball back into play. Sam ended up scoring in the 32nd minute.

Soon enough the ref blew her whistle for halftime and we all headed to the locker room to regroup. Jill gave us some pointers before It was time to head back to the field. There were no changes at the half, Jill said something about the 60th minute is when she would start making changes.

It seemed like Colombia was really favoring the left side more then the right, which meant more work for me. Lindsey ended up slide tackling one of the other players and she went down, since It was a challenge from the side the ref called It. They were about 30 yards out from goal. We lined up and waited for them to take the shot. It bounced off the wall and Colombia passed It back before trying to take another shot. The player passed to someone on the left and the player kicked ball, I jumped up to try and block It and It ended up colliding with my face. I immediately turn around, grab my face in pain and go down on the turf. I rolled onto my back stay down while the play continued. Tobin kicked the ball out of bounds to stop the play.

Fuck that hurt!

I swear the entire stadium said oooo as the ball hit my face. I stayed on my back and Becky and Hope were the first ones to me since i was outside the box. They must have signaled to the training staff because dawn was by my side not even a minute later.