Chapter 7

*skipping to the end of camp* Hayley's pov

Today was the last day of camp. We played Colombia again a few days ago and beat them 3-0.

The girls were loading there stuff on the busses so they could head to the airport. While Hope was bringing her bags down I went and made both of us a cup of coffee. Her flight doesn't leave until 3 so she decided to just come hang out with me and I'll drive her to the airport when the time is closer. That way she doesn't have to sit by herself at the airport. She comes down and says her goodbyes to everyone, I grabbed her bags and put them in my truck before heading back inside and saying my goodbyes as the girls loaded onto the bus. I had Hope her coffee and grab mine off the table.

"Thank you" she says taking the cup from me and taking a sip.

"Of course." I say as I grab the door for her and hold It open while she walks out. We head to my truck and I open the door for her before making my way to the driver side. I pull out of the parking lot and head to my house. Since I live on my parents land we just left her bags locked in my car.

"So we have about 6 hours to kill what do you want to do?" I ask

"Maybe we can watch a movie and then go to lunch before heading to the airport?" Asks Hope as she gets out of the car. I unlock my front door and we both head inside.

"Sure sounds good. If you want to pick the movie you can. I'm gonna bring my bags inside and throw clothes in the wash real fast." I say as I walk out the door to grab my bag and bring It back in my house. I throw my clothes in the wash making sure to start It before heading back to the family room and sitting down next to Hope, who had pitch perfect paused and ready to play.

We ended up watching both pitch perfect 1&2 before we decided we were both hungry. I grabbed my keys and we headed back into my car, I saw my dad connecting one of our huge trailers to his truck.

I stop and roll my window down.

"Going to pick up hay?" I ask

"Yeah, gotta drive a bit further then normal. About an hour ride there and an hour ride back.I'll hopefully be back around 3:30, will you be home by then to help?" He asks

"Yep I'll be home to help." I say and he just nods his head going back to what he was doing.

"He gets that much hay?" Asks Hope

"Yep, normally lasts 2-3 months if we're lucky." I say

"And you and him just unload It?" She asks

"If my brother is in town, he and I normally unload most of It. My dad has a bad back, whenever he overworks himself he's in a lot of pain the next day, makes It hard to do much of anything. So I normally do the unloading for the most part. I'm sore after It but I'd rather be sore and tired then have him be in pain." I say as I pull onto the main road and head back into town.

We decided to stop at Chick fil a for lunch. The line was always insanely long so we decided to head inside to order our food. Inside was still pretty busy but we probably would have waited longer in the drive thru then inside. While we waited in line there were a few fans that we could see.

I ordered a spicy chicken sandwich meal and Hope got a chicken wrap. I paid for both of us and we stood by the pick up counter and I see 3 girls, probably around the age of 7 come over to us.

"Can we have your autograph?" Asks one of the girls holding a piece of paper.

"Yeah of course." Says Hope as she takes the paper from the girl softly and signs It. The smile on the girls face is priceless.  Hope signs the other two girls paper before one of the girls looks over at me.