"Exactly. If Jason's got any advantage‏‏‎‏‏‎─"

"Just call him," Bruce cut her off. Dianna scoffed at his rudeness. "He shouldn't put himself in danger. If anyone's to take him down, it should be me."

He was right about that. Joker was his major adversary ( that got to both of their heads ) and it was his duty to shut him down, for he was responsible for his origin. Dianna wouldn't recognize any of that, she, too, had pride. Instead, she guaranteed Bruce she'd do her best and hung up.

"Computer, call the Batcave." The line ringed one─ two─ three times before someone answered. Dianna was happy he'd been quick. She accelerated once more. "Hey, Jaybird, Bruce tells me you're about to hit it off with the Joker?"

Jason cursed on the other end of the line. He sounded frenzied. "You can't stop me," he spat out, loud footsteps matching his jagged breaths. "You're both too far. And correct me if I'm wrong, but you're headed towards one of Luthor's labs to help the Titans." Dianna groaned. Stupid Batcave technology, always keeping an eye on everyone. "Right, so you focus on your turf and I'll focus on Gotham."

"Why not tip off the GCPD?" She exclaimed instantly, sensing he wanted to cut off their call. He went silent. "Risk them, not yourself."

"The cops? Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Better them than you─"

Jason ended their argument by raising his voice ( to which she flinched, nearly losing her grip on the bike ). "You don't understand, do you, Dee? This isn't about capturing him. The old ways don't work anymore."

"What'd─" He hung up. Her question was sponged by the breeze, no one to hear it, but someone to answer it: herself. She knew what Jason implied. What could she do to stop him? Gotham was days away; he wouldn't pick up another call. . .

And she sort of wanted Joker dead, too.

Was she to blame? Half of Gotham wanted that psychopath murdered. They had all been terrorized by him in one way or another. He'd slaughtered so many people, but Dianna was the only one to revive and seek vengeance.

She would have proceeded with her immoral objectives had it not been for Bruce. And Jason. Marge. Artemisia. Kory. Dick. Even Conner, to shield his vanishing innocence. They were the ones keeping her behind the line. Keeping her from becoming a monster like him.

Dianna could only hope Jason shared her spirit, that he remembered everything taught to him. She hoped he would remember their names, their faces, their voices. Don't kill the Joker, Jason. All that could be done was hope.

"Computer." The screen animated in luminous gold, waiting for instructions. "Connect all devices to Titans' interface. Code: bee-oh-nine, Fénix." With a dissatisfied sigh, she added: "password: very original."

A display of her surroundings lightened before her eyes, an orange streak tracing her route. The laboratory wasn't far. A blue line suggested the Titans hadn't arrived yet; she could still have some fun. Her foot pushed onto the pedal, hands constricting on the clutches.

The trek didn't take more than ten minutes. The team was already inside when she arrived, but the combat had just begun. Dianna held back her excitement to bounce in ( Bruce was taught her better ), she scoured the establishment instead, keeping an eye on her friends.

She silently passed over Kory, rays of sun radiation bursting from her hands. A scorching blaze pounded the ceiling beside Dianna, forcing her to move towards her next protege as their surroundings came crashing down. Below her feet, two frightened gunmen hustled towards the exit.