Chapter 3

A couple days later, I was sitting in my room when Dallas came in, "Y/N, I don't like how close you are with Johnny." He said.

"How am I being to close? I was only being nice." I responded. He sighed, "If you ever think about dating Johnny, you will have a punishment." He then walked out.

If Dal really doesn't want me dating Johnny, then I won't. It'll be hard but I'm sure I can find a distraction.

A couple days later at school, Pony and I talked a little, we still weren't really as close as before. I found a distraction, a Soc though...

He was nice, his name was David and he treated me well. He was friends with Cherry, Bob, and Randel though. Everyone in the gang hates them.

David wanted to take me to to the drive in one night, Dallas didn't take it well...

"Dally, I'm going out with David." I yelled across the house as I was going to open the front door. Dally came out of his room, he started, "What? I don't-" I interrupted him, "You didn't approve of Johnny, so I found someone else. Get over it." I then opened the door and slammed it.

David was outside waiting in the car, I don't think he wanted to see Dallas, I don't blame him though. David was rich unlike most of the gang, he had a nice car, and a very nice house.

I got in the car, "Hi!" I said as I went in for a hug. He returned the gesture, "Ready to go?" He asked sweetly. I nodded and he started the car.

That was only one of our dates, he took me to many fancy restaurants and so many more places then the gang could. But I became more distant with them, everyday I didn't see them, they would grow farther and farther apart.

One day I went over to hang out with them, I walked right in as always and everyone stared at me. Two spoke up, "Where have you been?" He asked. Johnny and Soda were there to, I couldn't even look at Johnny without regretting being with David, "Y/N, we haven't seen you in forever." He said.

"I guess I've been... busy?" I didn't want to tell them what I was really doing. "Busy doing what?" Johnny asked, "You seemed to always have time for us before but now..." he added.

"I know I know, I'm sorry... Where's Pony?" I asked. Just then, Pony slammed through the front door, he purposely hit me as he was walking by. "Y/N! I can't believe your in a relationship with David. You know how much we hate him." Pony blurted.

Everyone's eyes lit up, "Is that true?" Johnny's voice cracked as he asked. I didn't know what to say, "That's why you've been distant? You've been with the Socs?" Soda said, I looked at Johnny who stormed out the door.

Ponyboy ran after him, "That probably wasn't a good idea, was it?" I asked Two bit. He just grabbed the newspaper and ignored me. "Two! Say something! What do I do?!" I yelled.

Soda spoke up, "Break up with him and maybe we'll give you mercy." I started panicking, "Maybe? You guys can't just kick me out like that." I said.

Soda grabbed a newspaper to and ignored me, I walked over to the door, opened it, and slammed it shut. Just as I was walking away, I saw Johnny sitting in the lot with Ponyboy. Was he... crying? I saw him with his hands over his face like he was really stressed.

There was no point in going back so I just kept walking.