Chapter 2

I got home later that night, replaying what his parents said in my mind. I couldn't ask him about it, if he didn't tell me about his brother then it's definitely something he didn't want anyone to know about. But I just needed to know what happened!

The next morning, I went back over to the Curtis house. Johnny was there, his parents probably kicked him out last night. As soon as I saw him, I noticed a scar on his cheek.

I walked up to him and sat down, "What happened?" I asked quietly. He looked like he didn't want to say anything so I just waited for someone else to notice.

I felt sick to my stomache looking at him, obviously not because of what he did but because of how he gets treated. After watching his numb body, I felt tears dripping down my face. I quickly got up and walked outside on the porch.

I put my hands over my mouth so I wouldn't make any noise. Just then, I heard the front door open. It was Johnny, he walked over to me and noticed I was crying, so he put his arms around me. "Johnny. I'm worried about you." I cried into his shoulder.

He stayed silent, "Please tell me what happened." I spoke acting as if I didn't already hear his conversation last night with them. "I'm a greaser. That's what happens." He said.

Johnny wasn't wrong, but he also wasn't right. I wiped my tears and walked back inside, I think Johnny went back home. Ponyboy was awake when I went back in.

"Hey, Pony." I smiled to him. His face was blank, "Save it, y/n!" He yelled in response. My eyes widened, "What did I do?!" I asked.

"You kissed my best friend! It seems like you'd rather hang out with him more then me so go ahead." He grabbed a water and left. I didn't even have time to explain, I mean, explain?! I've never even come close to kissing Johnny!
I ran after Pony who was about to open the front door. "Pony. You've got us all wrong. I don't even like Johnny!" I said pulling on his arm.

Pony turned around, "Ya! Well then who do you like?! Stupid teenage girls like you have to at least like someone and it's surely not me! It will never be me." He then slammed the door in my face. I couldn't even comprehend what he said, it all happened so fast.

Is Pony that in love with me that he's got a problem with me hugging Johnny? I walked over to the window to see if Johnny was outside his house, but I didn't see him anywhere.

I'd never gotten in any fights with Pony. I didn't know when he'd be home so I just left to go back home. Dally greeted me at the door, "H- oh, what's wrong?" He said.

I turned around and started ranting about how Ponyboy completely snapped on me.

"Do you like... Johnny?" Dally asked. I looked up at him in shock, "Is that the only thing you got out of this? No, I don't Dal." I said. Dally started, "You act suspicious when Johnny's brought up, and I don't like it. I think you should focus on better things, other then boys." He finished.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever Dal, look in the mirror." I said before going upstairs. Later on, the gang went to the drive in, I of course had to go because Dally didn't want me home alone.

We all started walking over, Me, Soda, Pony, Johnny, Dally, and Two. Darry had work. Pony wasn't talking to me, and Johnny noticed. "What's up with you two, your acting so different?" Johnny whispered to me.

I made up an excuse, "Nothing, I'm just tired, Pony probably is to." Johnny shrugged his shoulders and kept walking in front of me. While he was in front of me, I couldn't help but notice how perfect his hair was, it just flowed so perfectly.

I noticed Pony was looking at me while I was looking at Johnny, I quickly looked away at Dally who was watching me with Pony. "Are you kidding me?!" I said.

I think Dally and Pony are teaming up to take me and Johnny down. Even at the movies, I went to sit down next to Johnny before Dally completely pushed me out of the way and sat between us.

Then again, "Y/N, do you want to come with me to get food?" Johnny asked me. I was about to say yes before Dally stood up, "Ya, I'd love to go Johnny." He said as he pulled Johnny away. I sat back in my chair annoyed.

I don't even like Johnny. Do I?