I glared at him. "You think I'd wanna cuddle a pillow—fuck a pillow?"

He shrugged. "It could get the job done. Who knows?"

I glanced at the cylinder pillow he stole a glance at when he said that and my face turned hotter by the minute. Lucian laughed loudly and fell back, causing a few pillows to fall. I looked over the giant wall and saw him fiddling with something, making me purse my lips.

"What are you—Lucian D'Angelo!"

I smacked his hand when he punched a hole into the wall, trying to move it down my pants not-so-sneakily. Lucian chuckled and moved on his elbow so his eyes and nose were just peeking over.

"Yes?" He slowly spoke.

"You can't just try to-to do something like that after I obviously established a wall between us!" I stammered. "I'm lucky I wore these pants otherwise I would have lost to your wicked schemes!"

"Wicked schemes?" Lucian repeated with a snort. His lips curled. "You smell nice."

"Well, yeah, I showered." I rolled my eyes, pointing to my wet hair. "Stop changing the subject."

Lucian chuckled and before I knew it, the wall was destroyed and Lucian was on my side of the giant bed, pulling me to his chest gently. I wanted to struggle but I knew it could hurt his ribs, so I sat there with a grunt, my arms limp beside me.

"Cuddle me back, you bully," he grumbled.

"No."

He pursed his lips and remained silent. When he didn't speak for more than a few minutes, I looked up and saw his attention trained on the necklace wrapped around my neck—the one he gave me.

"You never take it off," he noted aloud.

I felt my cheeks warm up. "Of course not. You gave it to me as a gift so it's very precious to me."

Lucian smiled, playing with the tiny rose at the end of it. When he looked back up at me, he moved closer to kiss me. I moved my hand in front of my mouth last second and he kissed that instead.

"What the hell?" He grunted.

"I'm still mad at you," I said childishly, pouting.

"I was only planning what I want us to do tomorrow," he explained, meeting my gaze. "We've been stuck in this house since we both got here so I thought doing something fun would make up for it."

I felt my lips turn into a frown. "Oh..."

Lucian sat up and pulled me on his lap, smiling up at me. I was hesitant before I returned it, then pecked his lips.

"I want to bake cookies," he mumbled. He bit his lip. "Can we bake cookies?"

I laughed. "You want to bake cookies... why?"

Lucian nodded with a wide grin, smacking my hips lightly. "I don't know. I'm in a goofy mood thanks to you. Let's go."

***

"Try this: biscotti con gocce di cioccolato."

My nose scrunched in dislike and Lucian chuckled, opening the oven door and taking the two pans out. I took a sip of the hot chocolate I made for the two of us .