The three men guarding this room nodded curtly at their boss, but Zion knew that they were hiding a shocked expression. Zion rarely came to his establishments without disguise or at least multiple personal guards. It wasn't like he made everyone else do the work while he sat on his rhetoric throne, he actually did come to his businesses to do jobs by hand. Yes, he had people that would do things for him, but only the work he had built up with exceptional pay. 

He entered the empty main lobby, with the exception of a few family members who had someone close to them recovering in the hospital. Receiving another nod from the receptionist, Zion kept the number of people who saw him to a minimum. He was in a vulnerable situation, something he hated with a passion. 

He walked past many more guards that were heavily armed on his way to the elevator. He already knew her room number. He had made sure she got the best. 

He adjusted his suit as the elevator ascended with small dings in recognition of each floor passed. Deep down he hoped she was awake. The doctor had said it had been almost a day and a half since she got out of surgery, so she would most likely be awake by now due to her fast recovery. 

Zhara had always been a tough one to break. 

Zion exited the elevator, but not before dodging two people coming from the right side of the hall. He almost pulled out his gun, but recognized them as the doctors he assigned to Zhara. Both were heavily qualified in their position; again, he gave Zhara the best. 

Dr. Hawes, the aging short woman was the first to acknowledge Zion respectfully. Dr. Garcia, being the high-level surgeon he was, observed Zion before greeting him.

"Mr. Armani," Hawes nodded toward Zion, adjusting her glasses. Garcia nodded soon after. 

Zion realized they had just been speaking to each other before, so he spoke his curiosity. 

"What's her condition?" he prodded, glancing down at the clipboard in Dr. Garcia's grasp. 

"She's doing better with breathing. She's stable and awake but isn't responding well to questions," Dr. Garcia stated monotonously. Zion held his gaze before Dr. Hawes spoke up. 

"Well, it's mostly just due to the trauma the shock put her in. She also isn't familiar with us yet, so I'm sure she would respond better if someone she knew was speaking to her," the lady assured, avoiding eye contact with the Don. 

"Just be calm if you do interact with her. She's only been awake for a few hours," Dr. Garcia added, giving Zion one last glance before looking like he wanted to get out of the conversation.

"Did you give her what I asked of you?" Zion questioned. The two doctors met each other's gaze before responding with yesses.  

Zion stared blankly before walking past the two, holding back the urge to fix that man's attitude. Once he spotted the two guards posted outside a larger door, his footsteps suddenly moved more swiftly on the smooth vinyl floor. The light-grey walls started feeling closer on his tall figure as he got closer to the nicest patient room in the whole building. 

The two guards stepped to the side to give Zion room to enter the room, and Zion swiped the card once again before opening the bullet-proof door, holding his breath for what he would see. 

The room was definitely good enough for Zhara. A large window with a view of the tall skyscrapers of New York City was on the wall parallel to the door. The comforted patient bed was wheeled over to the left wall that was painted a darker grey than the others for an accent. A small table was stationed on one side of the bed. A small tray of food laid untouched on it, as well as multiple books- the ones Zion had ordered to be brought to her room- and a lamp that gave the room a warm glow. On the other side, there was the fluid machine and actual medical equipment for the patient. On the right side, many paintings littered the wall as well as shelves with different necessities Zhara may have needed. The door that led to her bathroom was to the right as well, right beside the visitor chairs and a desk with multiple flowers and various small plants.