Chapter 14

A/N: Hope you enjoy this chapter, hopefully, I am able to update every Saturday and Sunday. 

"I did not know that our dads' were best friends," I said to Dan as I watch our fathers wrestling in the backyard.

"Same, they are acting like small kids now" he replied while cringing at the way our fathers are playing around.

We have been here for almost more than 8 hours. Dad and uncle had so many things to catch up on, mainly uncle was showing off the fact that he got to train his best friend daughter. I mean, I am almost the best in everything and anything while Dan is perfect in everything.

I am almost equal to him, but he has never used it against me. We also are good at communicating with each other. We also know each other's trigger points. We know what makes each other happy. It is almost as if we are soulmates.

"You know, we have to tell them about our departure soon. We will not be staying here for a long time, we have things to do" Dan spoke as he pulled me into his side,

"I know, Dad was a variable. I did not know he will come now, and now I am confused. I want to know more about him. It is like I found a family in him, and I am scared to lose that feeling you know" I looked him in the eye.

"I know darling. And I promise you that we will be back to him soon," he kissed the side of my head as I sighed,

"What's wrong baby?" dad walked over to me, glaring at Dan's hand which was on my shoulders.

"Nothing dad. Dan just reminded me of some things" I walked over to dad and hugged him tightly, startling him,

"You sure princess?" he whispered as he hugged me back as tightly.

"I just don't want you to disappear. I missed you so much in my life and I just got you back, I am scared you will not be here when I wake up one day" I whispered into his chest which he somehow heard.

"Are you not telling me something?" dad pulled me away and looked into my eyes.

Daniel walked over to us and stood behind me to let me know that he is here for me.

"Dad, we, I have something to tell you," I took a deep breath,

"We are leaving tonight and will not be back for a long time, and maybe not even be able to contact each other while we are away," I rambled it out while I closed my eyes.

"Open your eyes princess" he spoke softly, and I looked at him and I saw unshed tears there.

"You never have to fear losing me or your brothers. I cannot stop you from going to complete your job, but I can promise you that when you are done with the mission or job, we will be here waiting for you with open arms. Your first home will always be my arms, I was the first one to carry you and you can always run back to me" he promised me, I was crying badly now,

"I missed you so much papa" I cried onto his chest,

"I missed you too baby, I am sure your brothers' missed you as well," dad said.

"Are you going to say goodbye to your brothers?" Dad asked me as we were eating our dinner,

"Why does she need to say goodbye? Are you going somewhere?" Alex started firing without stopping,

"No dad, I am not going back home now. I have to leave tonight. Yes, Alex, Dan and I will be leaving tonight for some work to do," I told him small information. If he knows everything, he will lock me up in a tall tower. I shivered internally when I think about it.

"Fine, stay safe and call me. You stay away from my sister! Like far far away," he pointed at Daniel while glaring deadly at him.

"Alex, he is my backup. If he stays far away from me, he cannot help me if I am in danger" I teased causing Alex eyes to widen in worry,

"That cannot happen! Alright, you have my permission to stay close to her and keep her safe. If she comes back with one less hair on her head, I will meet you at the torture chamber," Alex glared at Dan, and the latter just smiled back.

"Alright Alex, lets' not scare the boy away" Dad pulled Alex back while he gave Dan a small smile but something told us that he supports what Alex just told Dan. I rubbed my forehead in stress.

"Don't worry, I will be fine" Dan spoke up addressing the room confidently.

Daniel and I made our way to the private airport that was near his house. We both share one private Jet, yet no one apart from him, me and our two pilots will know where we are going or coming from. Our jet cannot be tracked by any system and no one can notice our jet unless we let them.

Dan and I worked on this jet for years before achieving this. It was a gift to each other. And we are able to use it whenever we need to keep our travel silent.

"When we come back, you have to tell your family about your health" Dan broke the silence in the jet.

"I know, but do I have to?" I asked him worried,

"Yup, they need to be prepared in case we cannot find a cure for it" he answers while holding my hand.

I nod my head in understanding. I wish I met him in a better circumstance. I will make sure that my departure will not impact his future.

"I have already prepared the will for the gang. You have to make sure they get it all properly" Informed him, his expression turns sad.

"I hate that this is happening to us. Yet I am still holding on to a last-minute miracle," I hugged him tightly.

"Me, too" he sighed,

"I have doctors working on a cure for you, I just want you to try to hold on longer" Dan whispered.