Chapter 13

Right now, Daniel, Dad, Alex and I are flying over to country C to meet Dan's dad. We will be here for a week time. It gives Dad time to catch up with his best friend. For Dan and me to make a foolproof plan to end my family grief.

"You alright babe?" Dan pulled me into his side. He looked at me with concern, my heart can stop right now and I will die happily.

"I am fine, I am just happy that all these years of my family's grieving might come to an end, and they will be able to move on," I smiled at him,

"But have you told them about your condition?" Dan asked me worriedly, I shook my head to answer him,

"Why have you not told them yet?" he looked at me in shock,

"It took me months to tell you about it. You blackmailed me for the information",

"But babe, this is your family. They might treat you like shit, but deep down I am sure they care about you"

"I know, that is why it is harder for me to tell them," I smiled at him sadly.

"I will be there when you are ready to let them know, I always got your back" he kissed my head.

"I know you do. Love you forever",

"Love you for infinity" he smiled, but I could see the sadness seeping into his eyes. There are so many obstacles we can overcome together. But this one obstacle is for me to fight on my own, yet I am happy that I have him to cheer me on. He gives me the strength to fight. I hope I can win the fight, and overcome the obstacle, not for me, but for us.

"What you guys whispering about," Alex asked as he plopped on the seat in front of us,

"For me to know, for you to find out" I stuck my tongue out at him, laughing when he pouted sadly. I stood up and walked over to him,

"I was telling Daniel, that you are my favourite brother," I sat on his lap, pulling him into a hug.

"DAD!" he called out more like screaming at the top of his lungs while holding me tightly,

"What now?" dad walked over tiredly,

"She said, that I am, me, her favourite brother! You are my witness, I will use this to rub into my brothers' faces" he pumped his fist into the air happily, dad shook his head at his childish son.

"I am glad he always sees the positive in everything no matter how bad the situation gets," dad told me a few days ago when we were having our regular café date. It is something we have been doing recently, no one follows us, not even security. Every week, we walk down the busy street until we reach a new café and we just spend hours there, talking, eating and sharing memories.

I am glad that I am able to create memories with a parent that cares. A parent that loves me despite my ugly past. Dad knows about my abuses, my life history. Yet I still could not bring myself to tell him the truth about my actual body, health, condition.

I just want to gift them with the sweet revenge they deserve before I tell them about my condition. Hopefully, by then, I have won the battle.

"Well, dad, you need to know that uncle is a bit scary. He might sound rude, but he is actually a teddy bear when you get to know him" I warned him as we drove up Dan's driveway.

Dad looked at me with a smirk, I was confused. I saw uncle, aunt, waiting for us on the porch. We got down, and what happened shocked Dan and me.

"HEEEENNNNRRRYYYYY" Uncle screamed running up to us the moment he saw dad. He pulled Dad into a tight hug and hell, I heard him sniffle. I have never seen that man let a single tear out before. I can see that Daniel was as confused as I am.

"Roman, calm down bud. I am back," dad patted uncle's pat.

"I missed you, I knew you were not dead," Uncle pulled away with a teary smile,

"Thank you for taking care of my princess" Dad thanked him,

"I knew she was yours the moment she opened her mouth. She speaks like you, thinks like you and hell, scary like you when she wants to be" uncle praised me, I think.

"Scary?" Alex asked confused looking at me while I gave him a shrug.

"Ma'—am" a guard walked out me stuttering,

"Ares asked if you could meet him for a minute," the guard was sweating a lot,

"See, what I mean, they are scared of her. Remember the time, you made our bodyguards pee in fear" I heard uncle talking to dad as they walked past me. Alex followed behind them, leaving Dan and me. Dan was leaning against the car while checking his phone, listening to our conversation.

"Ask him to come over, why is he scared to come to me directly," I asked him, the guard looked behind me and at Daniel, who noticed it and raised his eyebrows.

"Oh" I remembered why; it seems someone did send Dan the photo after all.

"Ball, photo" I spoke two words to Dan who nodded his head in realization,

"He knows, I will never put my best man on dog duty right" Dan chuckled, I shrugged, he seems realistic when he threatens people.

"I have collected all the information you need to move with the plan" Ares passed me a thick file.

"Thank you, Ares," I smiled at him as I took the file before passing it to Dan who was now standing next to me.

"You do know that I will never pull you out of your duty, right?" Dan questioned Ares, who froze a moment, before nodding stiffly.

"Your order was to keep her safe no matter what you do, that means you are allowed to carry her when needed," Dan smiled,

"Yes, Boss" he straightened up,

"I thank you for keeping her safe that night. I will be raising your pay, plus, I have already sent a small gift for your kids back home" Dan patted Ares's shoulder as he walked past him into his home. I smiled at Ares,

"You were worried and scared for no reason, Ares. He is not scary, you promise me, that you will keep an eye out for him" I spoke softly to Ares, and I walked into the house, thinking about my future that looks grey to me.