CHAPTER 5: JEANETTE, PART 3 - THE SEARCH CONTINUES

Start from the beginning

"Alright then go on. I'll just go somewhere."

"You're not going to try my muffins?" asked Theodore.

Alvin shakes his head and hopped from the couch. He went to Theodore and grabbed a muffin. He ate it whole.

"I-It's good." Alvin said with his mouth full and grabbed another muffin. "See you Theo!"

Theodore started to walk to Dave's office. "Ok."

When Theodore's gone, Alvin opened the door of the basement and sneaked in. Luckily for him, the conversation was loud enough for him to hear so he closed the door behind him.

"Simon? What's that?"

"This. I'm sure this is what's happening to you."

"Simon I already know what's happening to me." Jeanette said, confused.

"I mean, what it's called and what should we do about it, and we'll test it out."

Jeanette slightly raised an eyebrow.

"We could...give it a try on your other senses. See, for you to be able to activate your abilities, you need physical contact." Simon covered his nose with a mask and held up red earphones and smelly red socks. "These are Alvin's dirty socks. He hadn't wash them yet."

"I was about to!" Alvin whispered.

"Simon...don't you think what we know is..enough?" Jeanette asked as she covered her nose in disgust of Alvin's socks.

"Not exactly." Simon said through his mask. "I think if we can prove you can activate your abilities through your other senses, maybe we can research more and disprove that thing that doesn't exist."

Jeanette stood, far from the socks and walked near Simon. "Simon, I'm fine. I know what's happening to me, and thank you for that."

Alvin made weak vomiting noises.

Simon looked at the socks. "Just one try?"

Jeanette sighed. "Ok."

A few minutes later, Alvin is leaning at the door, his arms crossed and sitting on the floor. A few more hours later, he drooped his head, making him wake up from his nap and glance at Simon and Jeanette, who are still on the socks.

As the moon shined brighter, Alvin continued to sleep in the basement, until he is woken up with a light shake.

He fluttered his eyes open, only to be met with Simon's angry glare and Jeanette's innocent look.

"What. Are you doing?" Simon's voice sound deadpan.

"I don't know. Sleeping?" Alvin muttered.

Simon rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean, Alvin."

Alvin got up, rubbing his eyes. "I don't."

Jeanette, looking embarrassed at the heating argument, tried the best she could to calm them down.

She failed, to say the least.

"Alvin, I told you to not eavesdrop on me and Jeanette."

"I'm not eavesdropping!" Alvin crossed his arms. "I'm getting something."

"And what would that be?"

Alvin looked behind Simon, trying to find a way to excuse. "My clothes!"

Simon looked more deadpan than ever. "You don't wash your dirty clothes, Alvin. Let alone socks."

Alvin looked at Jeanette, who looked back at him blankly, and he looked at Simon.

"I wasn't eavesdropping!"