Hurry up

HI B!" Veronica says trying to avoid jughead as Betty sits next to her.
"Hey V!" Betty replies smiling.
"Oh hello, my beloved boyfriend, very nice to see you too." Jughead says mockingly.
"Hey juggie," Betty says as she leans over to kiss him in the cheek.
Jealousy pang.
Veronica turns away, pretending to look at something else, while rolling her eyes. " what does he see in her?" She thinks but immediately stops herself.
What's wrong with you Veronica, thinking like that about your best friend.
She turns back and looks for a split second at Jughead. His eyes. His wavy hair under that beanie.
"Ugh." Veronica says as she gets up.
All the attention turns to her.
"What's wrong, ronnie?" Archie asks, about to stand up.
"Nothing. Just. Restroom." She says before turning away.
"Damn Lodge. stop being so weird."Jughead says smiling mockingly after her.

Veronica pov:
I walk to the bathroom as quickly as I can and hear Jughead faint voice after me.
Omg. Omg. Omg.
I get to the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. I lean against the sink. As soon as I compose myself, I head back to the student lounge and sit next to Archie and avoid making eye contact with Jughead

                after school

The day flies by and I've been able to avoid Jughead as much as possible. I think I'm being paranoid. Or crazy. i should get myself admitted to the mental hospital.

I don't really know but I feel insane for thinking these things about him. I've always hated Jughead and he hates me with a deep, deep passion. But we do have a lot of classes together and have been forced by Archie and Betty to hangout and "Get to know each other."

Archie and Betty don't seem to catch on, on every single stupid awkward thing I do around Jughead but Jughead's getting suspicious.

I start walking towards the exit as i shake my head.  Archie left a bit early today and I don't know how I'll get to his house. I get outside of school and look around. I see Jughead starting his motorcycle. I walk over to him and wait for him to set his backpack. I tap him on his shoulder. He turns and looks down at me.

Jughead pov:
I'm heading over to Archie's house right now when I feel someone tap me. I turn to see Veronica standing there. I turn around to face the her.
"May I help you?" I say, trying to get whatever it is she wants over with.
She tilts her head and says "as much as I hate asking, can you give me a ride to Archie's house?"
I smirk.
"Oh come on Jughead, make this easy for me." She says with desperation in her voice.
"Fine fine. How do you plan on riding on my bike in a skirt.?" I ask.
She looks around as if the answer is somewhat obvious. She looks at me and I instantly regret it.
"Give me your jacket." She says.
"W-what?" I ask her, taking a step back.
"Give me your jacket, jones." She repeats. Great. This is what I get.
I take off my jacket and hand it to her. She wraps it carefully around her waist, as if it's gonna bite.

"Well hurry up, will you?"

Edited as of 2/29/24