1

On a dark and stormy October night, the wind was howling silently. Not a sound could be heard for miles. In an abandoned cabin, a girl was wondering how the world could be so quiet. Not even booming thunder could be heard. It was like someone had put the world on mute. She sat huddled in a corner waiting for any type of noise. When no noise was heard she curled into herself more. After a few hours, the silence became deafening. She shot up as the silence started feeling like it was crushing her. She grabbed her journal, pen, phone and headphones. She plugged the headphones into her phone and played her music. She gasped when she couldn’t hear it. She pulled the headphones and tried playing the music out loud. She still heard nothing. She threw the notebook to hear the flutter of the pages. There was nothing. No sound no anything. She couldn’t hear anything at all. She slid down the wall in despair. Trembling like a leaf in the wind, she realized she was terrified. Terrified of the fact that all she could hear is deafening silence. Nothing more. She wondered what had caused that. One morning she was able to hear the next all around her was the deafening silence that overwhelmed her. She didn’t know what to do or how to react. How would she talk to people? How would she do anything without sound? She asked herself those questions before sighing and accepting her fate. She would teach herself how to feel the vibrations. She was still terrified though. Who knows what would happen to her? She stood up and picked up her journal. Thumbing through the pages, she found an empty page. She was going to document her progress. After staying in the cabin for a while, maybe she could try to find a new place to go. But first she needed supplies. She pulled her shoes on and tied them up. Standing up, she looked around. She quickly snagged her wallet from the counter and her phone from the floor. Putting the phone and wallet in her pocket and pulled her sweatshirt on. Looking out the window, she decided to wait awhile to leave so that she didn’t get soaked. After 3 hours had passed, she looked out the window again. It was now close to daybreak. She had stayed up all night. Shrugging, she pulled the hood of her sweatshirt over her head. She walked out of the cabin and started walking towards town. She didn’t know what town she was near so she just prepared for every situation even if she couldn’t hear if anyone was approaching her. As she was walking, she looked around memorizing where she was so that she could find her way back. She was very cautious walking. Since she had no idea if someone or something was coming up behind her, she kept her head on a constant swivel. She didn’t want to be caught unaware. She hoped she really could learn how to feel the vibrations to know if someone was running behind her. Once in town, she headed to the town grocery store. She bought food supplies and cooking supplies. She also bought some new clothes and a couple candy bars as a treat. Once she bought everything, she started heading back to the cabin. Once back at the cabin she put everything away in its proper spot. Sighing, she flopped on the couch trying to get used to her new world. Closing her eyes, she fell asleep. After 9 hours passed by, she awoke. Blinking, she looked around the cabin. It was a nice cabin she noted. It was a cozy rustic cabin in the middle of the woods. She stood up and stretched. Deciding that she should check out the rest of the cabin, she started walking towards the part of the cabin she hadn’t been yet. That was the loft and the bedrooms.  She started in the loft. She looked around the loft before heading down the stairs. She brought all of her clothes up to the loft deciding that was going to be her room. She then went back downstairs and went to explore the bedrooms. Once in the first bedroom, she looked around. It was a room full of puppets. She shook her head fast and ran out of the room slamming the door behind her. When she went in the second room, she found it was completely empty. She then went into the third and final bedroom. When she walked into the room, she gasped. The bed in the master bedroom was covered in dry blood. She ran out of that bloodstained room and slammed the door again.