A Warm Welcome

Y/n's POV:
As we reach the all too familiar place nostalgia hit me, I'm back to where I was born, where I grew up, I'm back to Eriah.
Silas somehow managed to land us inside the castle without anyone noticing, everything looks the same as when I left, polished floors, walls with portraits of our ancestors hanging, glass windows that reach the ceiling everything is as I remember them.

"Silas! Why are we here?! We can't take them down now, for sure my mother will have us kill the moment she sees us" I whisper shouted at the silver-haired boy as we sneak into the corridors avoiding any attention from the roaming guards

"Hush Y/n! You're the one who's gonna get us killed if you don't shut up, just trust me on this one" He turns his head harshly looking at me then crouched down immediately pulling me down with him when a guard passed by, but still he saw us.

Before he could even make a sound I leaped to my feet swinging my legs on his shoulder bringing him to the ground and knocking him out with a single punch, a combat move Tasha taught me once, I got off him and dusted myself as I stand up, Silas came out from hiding with a proud grin on his face, he then made his way to me "still as swift as ever I see" he praises then dragged the guard by his feet and picked him up to sit up against the wall.

When we're sure that no one is around I followed Silas through the corridors, I recognize where this path leads to, I use to run around here playing tag with Silas himself, I smiled to myself as memories from my childhood flashed in my mind, it was soon replaced by a frown when we walked passed my old room the same room where my father was killed by his wife. I halted for a moment looking at the door, I placed my hand on the wood then closed my eyes as I sigh, everything that happened that night resurfaced vividly as if it only happened now

"Y/n come on there's no time to slack!" Silas stood a few steps ahead of me ushering me to keep moving, I shifted away from the door and sprinted towards him pushing my emotions down.

"Where exactly are we going Silas, we've been walking for ages" I whined as we run discreetly across the massive mansion.

"We need to find Javier, he'll be thrilled to see you again and we need help remember?"

"Javier?! Your dad Javier? He's alive??"

"Our communication wasn't cut off when he sent me to follow you around on earth, but it wasn't as frequent since your mother most likely would know"

"Right." I nodded taking in what he said, Javier made sure that I am safe, sending his son to look after me taking care of me from the distance, he stayed loyal to me even when my father is long gone, I was so deep in thought that I haven't noticed where we are stood.

I stopped in the middle of the prosecution room, right where I was sentenced to exile, the memory of my mother crying in Eugene's arm playing the victim while the councilmen look at me with disgust, my bloodied sword everything that happened centuries ago came crashing, drowning me, being in this very room is suffocating the walls seems to be moving making the room smaller and smaller each passing second. I grabbed onto Silas to steady myself, I never thought that it'll affect me like this.

"Your highness! Good heavens, your back!"

"Uncle Javier! Ah it's so good to see you" Javier ran to me engulfing me in a fatherly hug which I reciprocated, something feels off about this man in front of me but I brushed it off thinking that my unpleasant feelings are caused by being back here.

"It's a shame that you won't be here too long" he murmured in my ear tightening his grip, I heard Silas draw his weapon making Javier turn me around locking me in a chokehold.

"Now now Silas, you've always been an aggressive little boy aren't you?" Javier taunted his voice and appearance changing, the voice that I never want to hear again.