125. You've Made The Headlines

Start from the beginning

Qi Le An exclaimed, “So many!”

Wei Chang Feng glanced at the snacks and changed his shoes. “After the holiday, take them to the crew. We can’t possibly finish the snacks at home.”

Qi Le An nodded in agreement.

This was the second time he had come to Wei Chang Feng’s residence in City B. There were several pots of cold-resistant flowers on the terrace, and the house floor was warm. Wei Xin’an knew that Qi Le An was coming over, so she considerately prepared everything for him.

Wei Chang Feng put the ingredients that they bought in the kitchen and rolled up his sleeves. “I’ll make you five-colored dumplings tonight.”

Qi Le An asked, “Will there really be five colors?”

Wei Chang Feng nodded and said, “I can make six colors if you want.”

Qi Le An smiled foolishly.

The two of them washed their hands. Wei Chang Feng went to knead the dough, and Qi Le An washed the ingredients. Qi Le An remembered that when he was small, his home was warm every Chinese new year. His busy parents cooked dinner together. He followed them everywhere, and his father dabbed some flour on his nose.

“What are you thinking about?” Wei Chang Feng asked after he got no response from Qi Le An.

Qi Le An came back to his senses and smiled, “I’m thinking when I was a child…”

Wei Chang Feng looked at him gently.

Qi Le An sighed, “I haven’t had dumplings with my family for many years.”

Wei Chang Feng smiled and said, “We can have dumplings every year. By the way, I’m going to buy a house in City B after the New Year. Which style do you like?”

Qi Le An was startled by the sudden change of topic, saying,  “Why so suddenly?”

Wei Chang Feng washed the ingredients and said, “It’s not sudden. I kind of have a family now. I can’t always live with my wife at my sister’s house, right?”

Qi Le An couldn’t help laughing. “Who is your wife?”

Wei Chang Feng looked at Qi Le An and said, “Who do you think?”

Looking at Wei Chang Feng, Qi Le An couldn’t help kissing him. ‘Wei Sama is so cool!’

The two of them prepared dinner together, and Wei Chang Feng taught Qi Le An to wrap dumplings. As it gradually darkened, Wei Chang Feng almost finished making the dinner.

As there were only two of them, Wei Chang Feng made many small dishes.

The five-colored dumplings with vegetable juice in the flour were quickly served. Qi Le An couldn’t help taking photos of the table of dishes with his phone, and he took the snake doll, asking Wei Chang Feng to take photos of him. The two of them had a happy New Year’s Eve dinner together and nestled on the sofa, watching the Spring Festival Gala.

Qi Le An looked at the show and said, “I wonder if I have a chance to go to Spring Festival Gala!”

Wei Chang Feng nodded and said, “Maybe you’ll receive an invitation next year.”

Qi Le An’s eyes lit up for a moment, but he quickly said, “I’m not good at singing. I guess there’s no chance.”

Wei Chang Feng said, “Why do I think… your voice is so nice? Especially when…”

Qi Le An didn’t hear it clearly and asked, “When?”

Wei Chang Feng smiled and kissed him. “Especially when it’s dark.”