Ch 3

Alina's Pov: 

"Please don't hurt them." I man in front of me dropped to his knees. Behind him stood his 4 children, each no older than 10. My boot met his face, sending a loud crack through the room, I definitely broke his nose. 

I held my gun up the oldest child who was shrinking back in fear. "Hail Hydra." I muttered, knowing very well if I didn't say it there would be consequences. I bit my lip, closed my eyes, and pulled the trigger. 

When I opened my eyes again the small girl laid dead in a pool of her own blood. The three other kids screamed, but stayed still in fear of being next. All of them stared with water eyes at the lifeless body sprawled out before them. 

With a deep breath I closed my eyes again and shot two more of the innocent children, leaving the youngest boy still alive. The old man from before cried out each time, but didn't have enough energy to stop me. I stepped around the dead children, pressing my gun up to their father's face. "You....are a......monster." He spat on my boot. 

This time I didn't close my eyes, my finger squeezed the trigger and I shot the man. Now only the 4 year old boy was left. "Come here." I waved my hand at him, telling him to walk towards me. Hesitantly her took a few tiny steps forward. I held my own gun out for him to hold. He adjusted the weight in his hand a bit, experimenting with the device. His bright blue eyes looked at it curiously. 

I remember when I looked at a gun that way. I wanted to see the world and explore it. Boy did I get that wish. I pulled out my extra gun and showed the brown haired child how to hold it. "Like this." He fumbled around with it for a second before finally getting it in the correct position with his finger wrapped around the trigger. "Yeah, exactly like that." 

"Status report Alina." The voice in my ear said loudly. "Just get the boy and come back, no dilly dallying." 

"Yes sir. Heading back now." I answered. The boy looked at me with sparkling blue eyes, the death of his family finally setting in. 

"It's okay little one." I placed a hand on his back and another on the syringe in my pocket. "Don't let them see your tears." I pushed the syringe into his neck, knocking him out immediately, causing him to fall into my arms. "I'm sorry." 

I knew what happened to kids like him. Hydra had a formula for calculating how useful a child could be to them. I was sent out on the mission to retrieve their new pets, having to murder their families in the process. I was the murderer of thousands of innocent children and parents, and the destroyer of many more lives. All the kids I brought back were trained like me. But I couldn't do anything about it, as much as I wanted to. I was too afraid that my actions were going to harm Natasha in the red room, they knew it too. 

As soon as I got back I was sent back to room 128 where I'd be evaluated. They had to make sure I didn't break in the slightest. I was already broken, but I've always been able to hide my emotions well.  I have been since the age of 6, after my mother sent Natasha away on the mission in Ohio as a punishment for me. 

After that I'd go back to 130 where I'd either be physically tortured or placed in a dream. In the dreams Natasha would come save me for this nightmarish place, each time was the same, I'd wake up without her arms wrapped around my torso. The dreams were the worst of the two, honestly the physical pain did nothing to me. The dreams however had messed up my brain in the past 3 years. It was like scrambled eggs, all mixed up. At this point I couldn't tell what was real and what was fake The only time things actually felt real was when I was sent on my missions and holding guns up to children's foreheads. 

But I couldn't let them see how broken and confused I was, I have to be the perfect widow. 

My mother's perfect widow. 

------

Natasha's Pov: 

"Are you sure?" My breath hitched. I sat across Fury in his office, praying to God that we actually found her, Alina. 

"Absolutely, Barton's on his way back from his mission now so you can go together." Nick responded and I practically jumped up and down in my seat out of pure happiness. I'd get to see her again. 

I stopped, remembering what Clint had told about his mission before he left, "Wait isn't Clint's mission important?" 

Fury shrugged, "Not as important as getting your girl back." I grinned and stood up, opening my arms for a hug. "No, nuh uh, we're not there yet." I smirked and sat back down. 

 "Thank you." My eyes began to water as I said it. "Thank you for everything." 

"Yeah, sure whatever, don't get all teary eyed on me now." He joked. "Now go get your girl." 

"Oh I definitely will." I shouted on my way out, skipping to the jet where Barton waited. 

He held out a hand to help me on, "You ready?" 

I smiled, accepting his hand and letting him pull me up, "As ready as I'll ever be." 

-------

A/n: I know I said I'd get an update out on Saturday, I lied. But I had the day off today so I figured I spend the time writing. Might get another update out today we'll see. (But that could also be a lie)