Nagumo: well he still lose so.

Asahina: just shut up.

"At long last... our match can truly begin."

"I guess so."

Even though I only had 30 minutes, that was more than enough to see this through to the end. Sakayanagi and I continued our conversation while our hands tirelessly moved upon our keyboards. Each move we made took anywhere from 10 to 20 seconds. And each time I pressed the enter key to send our instructions, the countdown timer would stop decreasing. Having watched how the match had progressed so far, I could glean a rough idea of how it was going to play out.

Students get surprised too see a match that is on high level.

Ike: is that how chess is played.

Akito: no words man.

Kesei: this is on other level.

Yagami: (it's normal. But that girl is good. She can easily beat some white room students)

Hosen: what beast.

Hiyori: wow

Kamuro: to think he can rival this girl.

Sakagami: even though I am watching it second time. It's still amazing.

Hoshimiya: well that is true.

Mashima: both of them could be grandmaster.

Chabashira: I have no doubt.

Nagumo was shocked to the high level.

Nanase: it is amazing. (Especially sakayanagi-senpai)

Without pause, our pieces ran free upon the surface of the chessboard.

[Oioi! What kinda otherworldly play style are you guys using here...!?]

Through the large monitor, I could hear the sound of Hashimoto's voice calling out as he followed an instruction he had just been sent.

[Our match sure seems pathetic in comparison...]

[...You can say that again.]

Their shock was understandable. It was the difference between them and us, the difference between amateur and professional. To them, it may not even be clear which side had the advantage by looking at the board. No... It went even further than that... It was something I was forced to understand when I first started playing the game. I gasped. Sakayanagi's skills were so profound that I couldn't help but want to show my respect. I wouldn't even be remotely surprised if she were to make a name for herself in the world of chess in the future.

As a child, I learned how to play chess in the White Room. I had played against a great number of so-called professional instructors, but she was better than all of them.

Manabu: (well it is certainly clear this white room is the reason behind his abilities)

Sakayanagi: fufu thank you for compliments ayanokouji-kun

Ayanokouji: I just said truth.

Amawasa: (I can also play like that.)

Ichinose: (again white room is it related to ayanokouji-kun past. Well I am going to enjoy this match.)

"So what do you think, Ayanokōji-kun? Have my moves managed to reach your heart?"

"Yeah. Painfully so."

Even after the match went past the halfway point, instead of opening the gap between us and spreading my tiny lead, it took the full extent of my ability to prevent her from closing in on me. If I made even one single mistake, she would probably break through all at once.