120. Accept The Invitation To Act In A Movie

Start from the beginning

Did he kind of have a mother now?

Mrs. Chen said happily, “I am happy that I have two new pretty children within one month! Le An, stay here for the night. I’ll personally make you tasty food tonight.”

Chen Shan quickly said, “He has to go to school tomorrow. He has no time.”

Mrs. Chen said grumpily, “Why don’t you care about your brother? You can take him to school tomorrow.”

Chen Shan was speechless in frustration.

Mrs. Chen was not young, and she has just finished a one-month baby break. After lunch, she went back to her room to rest. Mr. Chen was busy every day, and he went to the office after he whispered a few words to Chen Shan and went upstairs to check on the baby.

After lunch, Chen Shan took Qi Le An for a stroll in the greenhouse of the garden, “Did my mother scare you?”

Qi Le An hesitated and said, “She took me by surprise.”

Chen Shan sighed and said, “It’s typical of her, but she really likes you, and she even asked me for your signed photos.”

Qi Le An was lost for words.

Chen Shan said with troubled pleasure, “It’s good though. Now you are my mother’s godson, so I guess Jiang Shan doesn’t dare to make any big moves.”

Speaking of this matter, Qi Le An felt worried. After a moment of silence, Chen Shan spoke again, “I told my dad about this… He asks us not to panic… Jiang Shan will restrain himself after the shareholders' meeting in March. But for now, you can’t reject to act in Guan Kai’s movie.”

Qi Le An nodded and said, “It’s okay.”

Chen Shan raised his head slightly with sorrow on his usually exuberant face, saying, “An, don’t you blame me?”

The Chen family had good looks, and Chen Shan was a handsome guy. Qi Le An looked at Chen Shan’s melancholy side face and said wryly, “I’m not going to act in an X-rated movie…”

Chen Shan was relieved, saying, “I’ll kill you if you dare to do that!”

Qi Le An was lost for words.

Even though Mrs. Chen insisted that Qi Le An should stay, he left after dinner anyway. Chen Shan personally drove him home. After Qi Le An got home, he went upstairs to do his homework. When Chen Shan got home, he saw his mother sitting in the living room with that chubby girl in her arms.

“You’ve taken Le An back?” Mrs. Chen asked.

Chen Shan took a can of Ice Coke from the fridge, raised his head, and drank it. “Yes, he’s at home now. Just rest assured.”

Mrs. Chen cast a glance at Chen Shan.

“But mom, why didn’t you tell me in advance about taking him as your godson?” Chen Shan complained, “Le An was terribly embarrassed.”

To his surprise, his mother sighed. She cuddled the baby and said, “We’d better settle this as soon as possible, lest things will go bad.”

Chen Shan frowned and asked, “What do you mean?”

Mrs. Chen handed the baby to the nanny, who took the girl and continued to soothe her. Mrs. Chen said, “I overheard your conversation in the study today.”

The nanny carried the baby girl upstairs, and the mother and son were left alone in the living room. Mrs. Chen continued, “Jiang Shan is full of schemes and intrigues. We take Le An as our godson, so that old thing would not do much harm on your dad’s account if anything happens in the future.”