𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖥𝗂𝖿𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

"Shiori, you're going to drown yourself."

Muffled curses came from the cat as a weary y/n allowed the feline to dunk her face into the bowl of soba y/n had been planning on eating after it cooled.

A day had passed since y/n's encounter with the Bald Demon(the Slasher) and she'd been informed that the injured woman would recover.

Much to her surprise, the woman had asked for her to come visit. She obliged and spent most of the day keeping the woman company before departing and meeting with Rengoku in a little noodle shop.

As Shiori finished up y/n's soba, the cat sat back, leaving the young lady to stare ruefully at her empty bowl with a quiet, "...oh."

"You said you couldn't eat it all!"

"I didn't say you could eat all of it."

Rengoku chuckled as y/n glowered at the cat, her face still too gentle to make her appear the least bit angry with the feline.

Y/n hadn't worn her mask all day, letting it hang at her side as she went about her business.

Though a couple of dudes stopped her a few times to compliment her on her stunning looks, y/n didn't have much of a reason to put the mask back on.

At least not until night fell.

Despite the fact that Rengoku could actually see her face, it was still quite hard to tell what she was feeling.

Emotions would briefly pop up in her eyes and it was as though she'd trained herself not to let her thoughts show through her facial expressions.

That was fine.

Y/n's face was still gorgeous.

"Thank you." Rengoku accidentally said aloud and y/n looked at him curiously.

"Hm? Did you say something Kyo-san?" she asked, e/c eyes briefly flashing with curiosity.

"Nope! You must be hearing things!"

"Possibly."

Shiori gave Rengoku a long side eye.
"The gas lighting is crazy."

Y/n observed Rengoku with that usual soft look of hers, smiling a little when he finished up his food with that heart-stopping, "Umai!"

She glanced outside as someone entered, noticing how it was getting dark.

She hummed quietly before retrieving her mask from where it hung at her side, slipping it on her face instead.

Y/n noticed Rengoku staring and gave him a thumbs up with a, "It's dark out."

"Oh, I see!" he definitely wasn't disappointed about y/n covering up her face yet again.

The person who had entered the little shop was another demon slayer, one y/n recalled seeing the night before.

"Flame Hashira, Y/n-san, I apologize for interrupting your meal." the newcomer hummed.

"It's fine! Come, have a seat!" Rengoku exclaimed as y/n scooted her seat to make space for the other Demon Slayer.

As the Demon Slayer sat down, beginning to chat with the Flame Hashira, y/n began to space out as she stared at her empty bowl.

She was really looking forward to eating that bowl of soba... but Shiori ate it.

"Thanks for letting me come with you, Papa...!" a much younger y/n chirped, beaming up at her Father before sighing wearily, "The babies are always crying and it's so stressful...!"