𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖳𝗐𝗈

'Zenitsu, Tanjiro... and Boar Boy.'

Y/n watched in silence as the small group was about to part ways. Zenitsu was clinging to the one called Shoichi while Tanjiro tried to get him to let go.

As for the Boar Boy...

He was headbutting trees.

Y/n was sure that wasn't good for him but decided not to interfere with it. His choice, his brain damage.

She hadn't learned the names of the three children so she would do her best to remember the names of the three demon slayers she was currently accompanying.

...so she could forget them as soon as she ran off.

"Uhm, excuse Miss Demon." a small voice asked and y/n tensed a little when a small hand tugged on the sleeve of her white haori.

She glanced down, spotting the little girl who had hidden from her earlier. ...was she going to get bit again? The last little kid she was near decided to bite her.

"May I touch your mask?" she asked.

Oh. Maybe she wasn't going to be bitten.

Y/n hummed, "Sure."

She crouched down to the little girl's level and allowed her to feel the wooden mask, part of her keeping track of how Zenitsu was clinging to one of the boys.

"SHOICHI, PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME! I'LL DIE IF YOU'RE NOT HERE TO PROTECT MEEE!!!" Zenitsu cried as Tanjiro tried to get him to let go of Shoichi.

"Let go of him, he doesn't want to come with us!" Tanjiro tried to yell over Zenitsu's screaming but didn't seem to be succeeding, "I said let go!"

Y/n winced when Tanjiro chopped Zenitsu on the side of his neck, knocking the boy out cold.

"Oh dear..." y/n murmured before standing up and wandering over to pick up Zenitsu, being sure to make sure her blade was secure.

"You three should keep that bag of wisteria." y/n told the children, referring to the bag of wisteria that Tanjiro's crow coughed up... ew, "It will keep demons away. And take this too."

Y/n passed a little tantō to the oldest of the three children, "I had this made so I could fight up close but you need it more than I do. Like our blades, it's incredibly harmful to demons. Don't lose it."

"Th-Thank you so much!"

Y/n only nodded, "You're welcome."

She didn't utter another word until the trio wandered away while she silently followed Tanjiro and the boar boy— thing... what the hell was it. More importantly, why was it still here?

Why was she still here?

Y/n was sure to keep some distance between herself and the boar thing, walking close go Tanjiro while carrying Zenitsu on her back.

She wasn't sure if he was asleep or not and he was easy to carry so she resorted to carrying him on her back rather than making him walk.

He was pretty beat up, after all.

Y/n figured carrying him would be fine.

"You! Demon face!" the boar thing suddenly exclaimed and y/n flinched, startled but the sudden noise.

She glanced back at him, "M-Me?"

"Yeah you! Fight me!"

"I knocked you out twice, I think you should rest before I fight you again-" y/n said in a worried tone, "What if you end up with a concussion—"