Chapter 17: The Crusha Fruit

The sun rose higher and higher, and this caused Coutarine Island to warm up. It was a remedy that reminded people it was summertime. Makenna Delling walked on the edge of the reef in front of camp and called for Tracey, "Tracey! Tracey! It's Makenna Delling! Oh, Raeven, where could he be?"

Raeven reached for his head and frightfully answered, "He probably sailed beyond the reef, and the Octopus Man captured him! He's all alone! Oh, this is terrible!" Makenna tried to speak, but Raeven continued to babble, "It's your fault, Makenna Delling! You shattered his soul and dreams!"

"No I didn't!" Makenna argued. She thought back to what she said to Tracey before he disappeared, "All I said was that he probably wants to run right back to the ocean, and...he's become a burden! This means, ah! It is my fault! I've ruined Merlin's apprentice!"

"Not only that," Raeven blurted out, "but you also ruined Ash! You gave him a concussion last night!" Suddenly, he gasped after realizing what he just said and smacked his paws over his mouth. Busted. He could never hold a secret in.

"I what?!" Makenna shouted. She jerked Raeven off her shoulder and held him in front of her, "I gave Ash a concussion?! How?! I didn't even touch him!" She shook Raeven, "Speak, you Megabat!"

"Don't ask me!" Raeven yelled, "Ask Merlin!"

"All right," said Makenna, and she dropped him on the sand, "Then I will. Come on, Silvey." Silvey trotted on her heel, and they together headed in the direction of Merlin who was tending to Ash.

        Ash did not look good. He must've hit his head harder than he thought. He had a searing headache, and he didn't remember anything that happened after he and Makenna hooked hands.

Merlin dabbed his temple down with a wet rag and asked him, "So you really don't remember anything?"

Ash shook his head and answered, "All I remember is touching Makenna's hand, and then everything went black." His voice was slightly slurred. Makenna and Silvey appeared behind Merlin and stood from a distance. Makenna brought her hand to her mouth when she saw Ash.

Merlin put the rag over his forehead and stood from his seat, saying, "I've got to get you a doctor, Ash. I think I'm going to take a little trip to Hula Village."

        Behind him, Makenna spoke up, "Is he going to be all right, Merlin?"

Hearing her voice, Merlin jumped and whirled around, "Miss Delling!"

Makenna nodded, "Yes, it's Miss Delling. Um, what exactly did I do to him?" Merlin refused to answer her question though right now. He shook his head and said, "I'm not going to tell you right now, Miss Delling. I'll tell you after you bring my apprentice back."

"Your apprentice?" asked Makenna, "I don't even know where he is!"

"Well then find him." Merlin sounded quite stern, "Follow your fairy instincts. Along the way, also find a way to get rid of those humans. I have to take a run to Hula Village, which is the closest village to here, to find Ash a doctor."

"But," Makenna protested. Hula Village sounded awesome. Makenna didn't mention it though. She instead said, "Who's going to watch over him?" talking about Ash.

"Harmony will." Merlin answered, "After all, she and Ash are like family." He winked at Harmony who winked back, "You on the other hand, Miss Delling, have a mission. When you return, I expect for Tracey to be with you. Got it?"

Makenna sighed, "Yes, sir. I'm sure he couldn't have gone too far. I also want to help Ash, Merlin. If I was the one who hurt him, it only makes sense that I should help. Is there anything I can get for him while you're in Hula Village?" She muttered her next sentence under her breath, "So awesome." Merlin heard her though and cracked a small smile.