4

The room was silent. To silent. So silent you could probably hear water dripping from the taps in the bathroom.

That all changed when the guards appeared. You felt Sae-byeok pull you slightly behind her making you blush.

All hell broke out. People started arguing with each other and with the guards. You were still standing behind Sae-byeok when you felt something pull your backwards.

It was that guy again. The one you owe money. He threw you across the floor and started slowly walking towards you.

"Have you really got nothing better to do?" You asked him, getting up.

"I came to remind you that you have until the end of the month, got that?" He spat while holding you by the collar.

"Yeah well we're probably gonna die in here so you may want to put that on hold" you said smirking at him.

It was a mistake as he threw you back onto the floor and kicked you right round the face.

"FUCK" you screamed across the room trying to get back up. You suddenly felt a hand on your shoulder and looked up to see Sae-byeok helping you up.

"Are you ok?!" She asked you, a genuine look of worry on her face. She pulled you straight in for a hug, pulling that look back at the guy who kicked you.

I looked up at the board to see 201 players were left. I felt my stomach drop at the number.

Suddenly a lady slid down on her knees and started begging to be let out. "Please let us out sir" she cried shaking rapidly.

It started a chain reaction when a few others joined her in begging. You stood and watched, not wanting to get involved.

"You are aware that lack of compliance to participate in the game means elimination" the guard said, not moving a muscle.

A man with glasses then stood up, looking confidant. "Rule three: Games may be terminated if the majority agrees" he stated.

A lot of people nodded after him.

"Very well" the guard started. "However, before the vote is done we promised to show you the amount of money your playing for"

Another guard then grabbed a tiny remote and pressed a red button. Everyones eyes traveled to the ceiling as money dropped down into the piggy bank. A lot of money.

This was enough to pay of my debt, and more. You could go places. You could help Jang-Mi. She deserved it after all.

People would kill for this money. They would do anything for this amount. As the vote started and you and Sae-byeok watched as everyone started casting there votes.

"What are you voting for?" She asked you.

"I'm voting for yes, how about you?"

"Same."

You smiled at her as she smiled back. Before long it was your turn to vote. You slowly walked up to the stand, staring at it blankly.

You thought for a moment, but knew that life outside wasn't any better than in here. You lifting your hand and slammed it on the yes button.

When it was Sae-byeok's turn, she didn't even think and straight away pressed the yes button.

You smiled at seeing that yes was in the lead, but soon no started catching up.

It came down to the last vote. It was tied, 100-100.

The last vote belonged to this old man. He slowly walked up to the stand and stared at it for a long time.

Everyone was silent, waiting for him to vote. All you could think of was 'please vote yes, please vote yes'.

His hands ran across both buttons, thinking of what one to press.

He finally pressed one.

It was no.

You stomach dropped. Shit. You had to go back. What if you never saw Sae-byeok again? She was your only other friend right now.

"Can the people that voted to keep playing still keep playing then" a guy asked.

"If you wish to keep playing, call the card again and we will come and get you" the guard told us.

Well fuck.

———

You were thrown out of the van, blind folded and basically naked and handcuffed.

"Help. Is anyone there. Help" you heard a man screaming next to you.

"Shut up" someone said next to you before you could. Your blindfold was suddenly ripped of or you and you looked to see Sae-byeok looking at you.

You both looked over at the man. It was player 456. You knew Sae-byeok and him weren't on good terms. She untied you before going over and ripped of his blindfold.

You started getting dressed and grabbed your bag, throwing it over your shoulder as he pleaded you both to untie him, you just rolled your eyes before looking at Sae-byeok.

"Please, I swear on my mothers life I won't do anything" he begged.

You rolled your eyes again and walked over to him, grabbing him by the collar.

"Try anything and I won't hesitate to kill you, understand?" You spat. If Sae-byeok didn't like him, then you didn't.

He nodded before you untied his hands but he straight away tried to punch you. You dodged the punch and pushed him back on the group, leaving him to untie his own feet.

"Fucking dumbass" you spat.

"Get dressed" Sae-byeok told him before grabbing your hand and walking of. You both walked for a few minutes before she broke the silence.

"Have you got anywhere to go back to?" She asked. Shit.

"Yeah I do, what about you?"

"I'm gonna go and see my brother" she told you.

She had a brother?! You carried on walking for a bit as you didn't want to leave her. Before long she stopped and looked at a building.

"This is where I have to go" she said before looking back at you. "Stay safe, ok?" She said, putting her hands on both your arms.

You nodded and smiled. "See you later" you said and she nodded before walking over to the building.

———

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I personally got really confused at this part of the show and was wondering how they would go back but it all made sense eventually 😭.

Who is your favours squid game character? ->>>>>

<3