Chapter 1

Mommy and Daddy hit me again.

There's nothing I can do to stop them from hitting me.

"You stupid child." Mommy said. "You're coming to the store, and you're not gonna say a word if you want food tonight."

That's okay. I don't like talking, and I'm used to not having food anyway. Mommy and Daddy think I'm a "problem child." They don't think I deserve anything.

And they're probably right.

Mommy and Daddy dragged me to the car and drove off in silence. I looked out the car window, saying nothing.

When we got to the store, Daddy pulled me aside and said, "You better stay with me, or there will be consequences."

I didn't know what the word "consequences" meant, so I simply nodded and Daddy let me go.

"Mommy!" I said, running off to find her, clutching a bag of candy. "Can I please get candy."

"Put that back."

"Please, Mommy?"

"Now." she said. People were staring at her and I ran to put the candy back.

When I did, I couldn't find Mommy or Daddy anywhere. I looked everywhere. I started crying, Daddy said that there would be "consequences" if I didn't stay with him and Mommy.

"Excuse me?" I heard someone say. I looked up and it was a lady with weird hair.

"Yeah?"

The lady knelt down next to me, and I noticed there was another lady with glasses next to her holding a baby. "My name is Catlynn, uh...where are your parents, sweetie?"

I looked around and saw Daddy looking at some cheese. "There!"

Catlynn stepped aside and looked closer at Daddy. Then she got angry.

"THOMAS? WHAT THE-" She looked back at me. "...HECK?"

"Catherine." Daddy said, turning towards Catlynn. Catlynn rolled her eyes and said, "First of all, I'm almost thirty years old and you still call me Catherine? And second of all, what on Earth? Did you just get another kid or something? Cause that's the last thing you deserve. You're just gonna keep on manipulating them!"

Daddy smiled weirdly and grabbed my arm. "She's my child, and I've gotten enough kids ripped from me already, give me a break."

Mommy heard the commotion and went up beside Daddy. And Catlynn seemed to get angrier.

"That's it, small child, whatever your name is, you're coming with me."

"We have a newborn and a toddler, Catlynn! Are you that oblivious? They're in the cart!" the other lady with glasses said.

"And? Red, it's obvious this kid is biologically related to me, and I don't know why my monster of a father decided to have another kid, but yeah. I'm taking her, prepare the guest bedroom, we have another child."

The other lady, Red, rolled her eyes and then we left the grocery store.

We headed to a car and Catlynn asked, "So, what's your name, sweetie?"

"Oliveira." I said.

"Woah. That's a pretty name. I'm Red, I'm Catlynn's wife." Glasses Lady said. Catlynn smiled and said, "And this is your little sister and brother, Eleanor and Levi. I know this may be confusing, but-"

"We'll explain it to her later, Kit. Let's just get home and maybe break the news to your mom and Shirley." Red said.

"Who's Shirley? Another wife?" I said. Catlynn and Red both laughed. I didn't know what was so funny to them.

"No, sweetie, Shirley's my friend. She's also your aunt, it's kind of confusing." Catlynn said.

"Here we go..."

"Okay, she needs to know, Red! Anyway, um...there's me and Red, your mama and mommy. And Eleanor and Levi, your little brother and sister. There's your grandma, Elle, my mom, and your grandpa, Ryan, my dad. They aren't married, it's kinda a long story. There's your aunts, Jess and Katie, who are my aunts, Alice and Barrett, my sisters, Shirley, Cesca, and Josie, who are my friends, Harper, Josie's girlfriend, and Malinda, my stepsister. There's your uncles, Evan and Jon, my brothers, Axel, my friend, and Alex, Malinda's boyfriend. And your cousins...Acadia, who's technically my cousin but I consider her my niece, Anna and Georgia, Shirley's kids, Ruth and Roxanne, Acadia's big sisters, and Chrissy, Malinda and Alex's kids. Whew, that was a lot, any questions?"

I was so lost. What was this family?

"Huh?" I said.

Catlynn and Red laughed and then Red said, "You'll meet all of them later, now let's go home."

I wondered why Catlynn and Red haven't hit me yet.

Aren't all adults like that?

AN: ABH THREEQUEL YAYYYYY! Thanks to SIXSQUIPSIMP for letting me use Mal, Alex, Ruth, Rox, and Chrissy! Also, another little note: I mentioned in the end of the ABH sequel that Levi, Cat and Red's son, was a FTM transgender. He's not trans in this book because I really wanted to write him as a boy and I didn't feel like aging everyone up or writing seven years of book. Hope y'all enjoyed!