Chapter 5: Memory wanted to be forgotten

This chapter might contain serios content like: death, suicide, trauma.

Pandemonica POV:
I went up stairs, as human requested, yet I was concerned about him. I was thinking, that he didn't tolde everything... maybe he has some bad memories from army. I should be with him, when he will fall asleep.

Timeskip:
"I think he is sleeping." I told myself as I walked to the living room.

Y/n was peacefully sleeping on his couch, barely moving. I sat on the chair nex to the couch and looked at him. Suddenly human started to move and mumbling something. I aproached him as he was talking silently in sleep.

"Contact... crossroads... a kid... rpg... no..."
I kept listening to him, speaking some information.

"That was... just a kid... you... didn't recorded it?... right?... what will yhe think of us... when we arrive at home..."

Y/n POV, Dream:

Day 3, the southern district, war zone, 15.56 pm

I was with sqad leader, journalist and 3 other guys in destroyed home, taking shelter with averlook for the crossroads, leading to the city. We were dealing with insurgents for months here, yet they are no longer suppored by the government of neighbour countury.

"So, how do you feel now, L/n? The war will be over soon, if everything will go smoothly."
The ATGM (anti- tank guided missile) launcher operator, private Szczerzynsky asked.
I smiled at him, privat was the most optimistic guy here, despite the horrors we went through.
"What will ya do, when we come back?" He asked.
"I will be moving away from the shithole, called my parents house and move to mountains. I will make my way through life."

"Sounds reasonable. I will open up my coffee shop."
"Ha! The people will know, how good coffee you are making" private Zalevny yelled.
"And you, newspaper boy, will you be proud of yourself from humiliating us here?" Szczerzynsky hit the military journalist on his helmet.
"Wait." I cut the two out. "I see someone... oh shit! CONTACT, RPG at crossroads, 100 meters, 12 o' clock!" I yelled. The boys aimed at the hostile and reporter started to record the event.
"Fire a warning shots, L/n!" Leader oredered, as I fired two shots at the direction of enemy.
"No response!"
"Kill him! You got a clear shot!"
"But it's just a kid!" I yelled, still aiming my rifle at the child with rocket launcher. Suddenly two other insurgents appeared near the kid and started to fire at us
"Kill the kid, Y/n! Or you will get us all killed!" Leader kept screaming at me, when firing at 2 other guys.
I fired 10 shots, and saw the child falling on the ground. Meanwile, one fighter got injured and another escaped, while my squad was okay.
I fell on my knees as my friends were looking at me with shock.
"Congratulations shitbag, you just commited a war crime." I said to myself.
"That was just a kid... you didn't recorded it... right?" I asked the journalist. No response.
"People will hate us, when we come back..."

End of the dream

Timeskip, morning. Narrator:

When the sun rose, panemonica knew everything about Y/n's secret, that he went to war and seen horrible sights. She didn't wanted to talk about it with him, she understood his pain and fears.

Y/n POV:
I woke up at 8 am to begin another day. I didn't slept well, tormented by memories I wish to vanish. I started to think about the boys, that I knew so closely and who didn't made it untill today. About K. Zalevny, killed in the last week of war in the ambush. About my good buddy A. Szczerzynsky, who blown his head off few days ago. I missed them. I missed my good friends, who were like brothers to me, yet seen by people as terribe beasts, warcrimers. Ditched by society. Not only them, but me and many other soldiers who came back home. We chose to live in Lonliness, to hide from atrocities we seen and done.

I shook my hed and went to the kitchen to make 2 cups of coffee.
"I hope monica had a good sleep." I said to myself.

"Good morning, I made you a cup of warm coffee to warm you up, monia." I say to pandemonica, who already began her work.
She looked at me, while no speaking a work. I stood next to her, to put the cup down on her desk, while she suddenly wraps her arm roundy waist and hugs me, while sitting. We don't say a thing, I just started to gently pat her head.