Week 12 Part 3 (Tuesday)

Start from the beginning

     I turn on some Melanie Martinez, my old friend that I haven't heard in months to drown out the conversations of roller coasters. All my anxiety about everything is slowly drowned out by Crybaby.

     Suddenly, a new song, Ocean Eyes comes on my shuffle by a girl named Billie Eilish. It sounds really good. I go to her profile and I start listening to her other songs. Soon, I have You Should See Me In A Crown on repeat.

     "We're at the beach!" Brady shouts, and I reluctantly take out my earbuds.

     The sky is cloudy and bleak, not optimal for a photoshoot, but it's good enough. There is a man standing on the sand, and we run onto the beach, squealing at the feeling of the sand making contact with our shoes.

     "Ok, two poses per kid! I don't have a lot of time here! You, brown hair cat ears person, you! First! Tell me!" the photographer bluntly calls out.

     "Uh, a side tilt and a leg extension on my knee!" Gia yells, getting in front of the camera, doing a leg extension.

     "Go!" the man shouts and I back away slowly as Gia lets go of her leg, bringing her leg into an oversplit, smiling big.

     She quickly gets on her knee and does a leg extension before running back. This seems very fast paced, and the cameraman doesn't seem to want to be here. Rude. I back away with the other kids, trying to get away from the cameraman.

     "Um, redhead. Your turn!" the cameraman directs to Pressley.

     "Me? Plie squat on relevé and arabesque," Pressley yells, jogging out to the camera.

     She does her poses and then the photographer calls out for "other brown-haired girl", also known as Hannah. She does a backbend without touching her hands to the ground and a side aerial. I start to think about my positions. A contortion handstand and a C-Jump. Luckily, right as I think about them, he calls out "tiny bony kid", which is me.

     I do my tricks, making sure to have big smiles and pointed feet. I land knee-first in the sand after my C-jump, and I see the slightest nod of approval from the cameraman. Then they call "boy", or Brady. He does a Russian switch leap and a penché, making each seem flawless.

     Finally, we have Sarah, which he titles, "taller blonde one." She does a stag leap and arabesque, and with that, the photo shoot is done. In ten minutes.

     "We basically did a 10 minute-photo challenge!" Sarah shouts, tripping on the sand, but getting back up to run to us.

     "Now we get to go to Starbucks. The question is, should we order in our pajamas, or should we not?" Hannah asks.

     "No, we'd look so weird!" Pressley argues, and I side with her.

     "Fine," Hannah fake-pouts, smiling afterward as we walk to the Starbucks on the boardwalk.

     You have 200 calories, Lilliana. Use them wisely. I dart around with my eyes, the smell of food overwhelming. Wraps. I can skirt by this, especially if it has veggies. The spinach and feta wrap. 290 calories. If I eat a quarter of it and give the rest of it to somebody else, then I've ingested 73 calories. That leaves 127 calories.

     An eight-ounce Very Berry Hibiscus Starbucks Refreshers Beverage is 35 calories. Perfect. This is 108 calories, and relatively healthy. Flavored water with fruit and vegetables. I order my food and drink and wait for everybody else to get their abundance of food.

     I sit down next to Pressley this time, and we turn on our show again, beginning the pie episode. I tear one of my pieces of the wrap in half and slowly eat the vegetable wrap. It's basically a sandwich. Going on the fear food list, I guess.