The Fire

Everything seemed to be pitch dark. I couldn't see where I was, I didn't know what even was going around me. All I could hear were the shots getting fired at distance one after another. 

I wanted to move, I wanted to run away, but I wasn't able to move. The brain kept on running with commands but my body felt as if it was paralyzed. Everything was hard, my brain felt too exhausted, too dizzy, and too light to keep up with everything going around. 

The weight on my wrist kept bringing my worn-out arms down, It scared me how my breathing was so loud- I didn't wish to be heard but the body wasn't felt like in my control. I tried moving but the weight on my wrist and ankles jingled making me wish to give up. 

I could feel someone was near me- I forwarded my hand to what looked like the hand of a person it was wet- and I was so sure that it wasn't water, I traced my hand across and could feel the hand of the person, I moved and realized there wasn't just one person but a lot of people were around on the floor. 

But it was all silent. No whimper, no wincing, no breathing- It was a pile of corpses and I was part of it. I couldn't help but wish to run away once again but as I moved I would feel the corpse brushing my body, It was already hard to breathe- the realization of being in the middle of corpses just made it harder. 

There were loud cries from all around after deadly silence- The women wailing out loud, people and kids crying and begging for mercy to be spared, followed by clean voices of shots, people being stabbed and cut open.  

I couldn't register for how long I just laid back in that pile listening to people crying and begging and being killed without any mercy. 

For the first time, I was thankful to the dark around me- It was nice that I wasn't at least able to see things going around me. It felt cold, as the wind gushed- the bodies around felt like ice- my brain kept on telling me to move to run away but the body simply denied to co-operate. 

I managed to stand after a while out of breath and panicked, it was weird how even after witnessing so many deaths in front of myself my body still was willing to survive. I hated how disgusting it was. 

Everything was dead silent but I knew it wasn't end and my heart crumbled with my body- the panic and anxiety was building up again as I stood up, and there was a LOUD explosion- which made everything go numb for a good time but also making brain ring loudest it has ever. 

 I looked up at the Building in flames! People yelling to be saved, I looked around as the light source was the burning building- I stood there in the pile of bodies drenched in blood, bodies with numerous cuts- torture marks- disfigured and dented, I stood there looking from one corpse to other- hearing the yells and wailing of people in the building, and the evil laugh that rang clearly in the background.