✧ Chapter Nine ✧

Start from the beginning

Chuuya saw Five squeeze his fists tightly as if to ground himself from running towards Seven. Chuuya watched as Seven pushed Dazai back against the chair at an angle that would ensure he didn't fall. The navy haired girl then took one of Dazai's hands, staring at it unsure, she traced her fingers along the edge of the bandages, Chuuya was about to shout at her and tell her not to take his bandages off, but all she did was sigh and squeeze his hands softly. She then got up and hoisted him onto her back carefully, glancing around hurriedly then stumbled around trying to get her grip on her balance, she opened the door glancing back at the chair where Dazai had sat and the place she had crawled in with a Chuuya, a deep sigh left slipped through her lips as the door shut the door behind her and Dazai.

"Where is she taking him?" Chuuya asked
"Unfortunately from here on out we don't know how things will end up, so she's taking him to where we live"
Chuuya frowned at him
"What do you mean you don't know how things will end up? I need explanations. "
Five nodded closing his eyes momentarily, then as he opened them both he and Chuuya were shrouded in a bright red. Chuuya stared down at himself
"What the fuck are you doing?"
"We're going to have an out of body experience I guess. So we're going to lock ourselves in a safe room." Chuuya still felt just as dumbfounded as he did a moment ago, an out of body experience? What?
"What on God's green earth are you shitting on about?"
"Just follow me."

They walked into a room that had probably been a bedroom, of presumably a child -most likely the boy who had lived here- the room was, like the rest of the house, a mess, however, there were no holes in the roof or the walls, not even the windows were shattered. The bed was a double bed with blue sheets and an old copy of Romeo and Juliet lay on the bedsheets along with a small ginger cat plushie. One of the walls was full of books, from one end to another, some stories, some mangas, some non-fiction books about the world and others school books, everything was still there but the dust and cobwebs certainly made it look like many years had passed.

However, a very incongruently clean blanket lay on top of the dirty floor. Five walked up to it and sat down. The ginger looked at him sceptically but still did as he was told, sitting down cross-legged in front of the younger blond.

Five held out his hands for Chuuya to take, Chuuya hesitantly did, the red surrounding them intensifying, encouraging Chuuya to close his eyes, not wanting to go blind.

But he couldn't bring himself to open them again, instead, he felt drowsiness overtake him, like he hadn't slept in months and then abyssal darkness overtook him and he completely passed out.

When he awoke he honestly didn't expect to wake up alone in what looked like a stary domain. It looked like it went on forever but at the same, it looked like a small enclosed area. When he looked down it was he saw the same starry domain, he knew for a fact that he was sitting on something solid and sturdy but it looked like an endless stary chasm underneath him.

When Five appeared a row of miscellaneous coloured doors did too, all with names on them, Chuuya quickly recognised his door, red and sophisticated, his name written in cursive, in blue.
"What is this place?" Chuuya asked as he got up from where he was sitting, fixing his gaze towards Five who's expression was hard to read; it bore a resemblance to a sad fondness as if he both loved and despised this place that he created.
"This place is how I can access people's dreams, I'm usually not supposed to go here, but I've got no choice in this situation"
"Why can't you come here? It's such a beautiful place." Chuuya questioned
"Every time I do I run the risk of getting brain damage."

Chuuya felt dumbstruck as he stared at the young blond, just what exactly was going to happen that forced him into a situation where here had to run the risk of damaging his brain?