The Tale of Nymue the Nisaeg Ch2

Start from the beginning

   "Goodnight Faither." She said as she dove underwater towards her underwater cave. As she swam into her cave, she looked at the glowing crystals on the cave walls. They were beautiful, shooting up out of the walls and ceiling, almost forming a mini-lightning storm with how they sparkled."

   She smiled as she surfaced in her hidden grotto. She climbed up on the sandy ground of her cave and looked at her collection of things the crew had given her. From her father, it was a giant bagpipe. She remembered how difficult it was to master. When she first started to play, she scared poor Laila who jumped in the air and screeched like a cat. It was quite the memorable scene. She then remembered how her father and the rest of the crew laughed at the angry Neko woman. Thinking of Laila, Nymue looked at the cat woman's gift.

   There were several spellbooks, a pretty impressive collection of magical tomes. Most of the books had no effect on her. A few magic tricks and songs were all she could play.

   Next was Tom's gift. The bowlegged first mate was a gentle giant when she was young. His gift was a nice dagger made out of a sharp, dark stone. It sparkled in the cave's light. Nymue loved to look at the blade and admire its sharpness. 

   Dr. Oswen's gifts were some medical herbs and tonics,  he had taught her how to use them properly. 

   She received nothing from Isabella, not that she expected to. She and that arrogant elf didn't get along. She hated how Isabella thought herself superior to her and the rest of the crew. Nymue remembered how good Isabella tasted on her tongue and licked her lips. She knew that if Isabella ever tried to harm her or the crew, she would send that elf to her stomach. 

    Moving her thoughts away from Isabella, she looked at Matthew's gift, it was a small wooden carving of her. The carving was really well done, even the scales were preserved. It was beautiful. She could hear the thunderstorm roaring over her cave and hoped that her father and the rest of the crew were safe. She laid down on the sandy floor and drifted off to sleep.

   Meanwhile on the Scottish Rebel: Captain Calum smiled as he looked at a picture of the day Nymue had entered his life. He never thought about being a father until he met her. He looked at the picture until he heard a knock on the door.

   "Come in." He said as he turned to the door. The door opened revealing Laila with a bowl of soup.

    "Here you go captain." She said as she put the soup on the desk in front of him. "Thank you Laila."

   She looked at the picture and smiled. "She has certainly grown into a beautiful young woman. Hasn't she?" She said as she remembered how small and adorable Nymue was when they met.

    "Yes, she certainly has." Calum responded. Laila looked at the picture for a bit and then looked up at Calum.

    "I heard that we're going to the estuary by the Toraline Coast. We'll need to be careful in those brackish waters. There could be Selachi and other predators in the area." Laila warned him. Captain Calum nodded in agreement. 

    "We'll have to set up camp on the Torpaline Coast." He said. Little did he or Laila know that elsewhere on the Scottish Rebel, Isabella was studying the route for the journey. She didn't like it one bit.

   The blonde elf knew that it was dangerous in those brackish waters and hated that Nymue would be coming along. She didn't trust the Nisaeg in spite of the crew loving her.

    Nisaegs are still predators, she remembered when she angered Nymue enough for her to toss her inside of her mouth.

 Flashback: