Chapter 1

Mia's POV
Hi, I'm Mia. I'm 14, have blue eyes, brown hair, I'm an artist, and I love nature. Everyday I go outside to just sit up in my "thinking tree" and just watch the sunset. I love the way the wind rushes through the trees or the way the water trickles down the stream by my house. My favorite thing to do is draw pictures of the things I see. Like today, I'm drawing a picture of the sunset while sitting in my "thinking tree." I smiled proudly at my now finished picture.

"Mia! It's time to come in!" My mama yelled. "Ok mama!" I said as I climbed down. I ran inside to see my mama setting the table while my papa helped my brother, Matt, with his homework. "Mia, I have some great news!" Papa said. "Yes, papa?" I asked.

"We will be going to visit your abuelos tomorrow and will be spending a week there!" Papa said. "What does abuelos mean?" Matt asked. Matt was only 5 so he doesn't know any Spanish yet. I only know some of the basic words because I don't really need to know how to speak Spanish unless I am with my great grandma who can't speak any English.

"Abuelos means grandparents," Papa explained. Matt nodded his head went back to his homework. "That's great! I can't wait to see them!" I exclaimed. My grandparents are really close to me. They love to go explore outside with me and love to watch me draw.

"Mia, you will need to pack tonight so we can leave tomorrow," Mama said. "Yes mama," I replied. We all sat down and ate dinner. After that I went upstairs to pack. When I was done I went to sleep. Tomorrow I would be in Maine, instead of California and I was excited.

>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<•>•<

Henry's POV
"Henry, I got the author out," Emma said. "Really? Well, where is he?" I asked. "He may or may not have torn down the curtains so that they hit us and then run away," Emma told me. "So, you lost him," I said.

"Pretty much," August said. I was glad he was awake but I was just hoping he would stay ok. "Who was he?" I asked. "He's a peddler that me and Snow know. We met him one day and he pointed us in the direction of the apprentice and then we never saw him again until now," Charming explained.

I nodded my head and said, "Well, let's go find him!" "Where would we even look?" Hook asked. "Well, if I was an author where would I hide?" I asked. "Maybe the Sorceror's house?" Emma suggested. "That's a good idea!" August said. "I would come with but I still don't feel one hundred percent better," August explained. "That's ok, you need your rest," Emma said as she smiled at August. I saw Hook clench his jaw.

I whispered at him, "Jealous much?" He looked at me shocked, "Me? Jealous? What?" I took that as a yes. "Nothing is going on between them. They are just friends," I told Hook. Hook looked over at Emma and August as they laughed at something that August had said. "I know, that's what Emma said," Hook told me. "Well, you should believe her," I told him as I walked over to Emma.

"Should we check now? Or tomorrow?" I asked. "I think we should check tomorrow. After the hectic day I've had I need some rest," Emma said as she glanced over at Charming and Snow.
They both had guilty expressions on. "Did I miss something?" I asked. "No, no. Nothing at all," Snow said. I shook it off and left with Emma to go home.

"Night kid," Emma said as I got into bed. "Night mom," I said back. Emma left and I sat there thinking about how tomorrow I would be finding the author. Tomorrow I could help my other mom get the happy ending she deserves. Tomorrow everything would change. Hopefully, for the best.

<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>

First chapter of my new book is up! Yay! Hoped you guys liked it! Next chapter Henry will be going to find the author and Mia will be coming to Maine! What do you think will happen? Do you think the author is at the house or somewhere else? What do you think will happen to Mia?
Follow, vote, comment, and share!❤️️Luv you❤️
-K