His throat burned and a horrid taste filled his mouth, a sickly scent of flowers tainting the air around him. As he eyes shut once more, he managed to haul an arm over his body, clicking on the transmitter by his belt. The buzz it made was for once comforting and not alarming, and he hoped help would come in time to help Bakugou, wherever he was...

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

Aizawa groaned loudly as his eyes opened, slightly burning from the deep sleep he was in. From next to him, Mic remained absent to the world, his head stuffed under his pillow. Honestly, he looked like a child. The teacher pushed himself up and reached for his phone; in seconds all traces of fatigue were gone and left was a panicked and worried parent.

"Mic!" he yelled, shaking his partner's shoulder. "Oi, Mic! Get up!"

"Huh?" Mic groaned, turning onto his back yet also sitting up when he saw how worried Shota was. "What is it? What's that noise?"

"It's from Todoroki's transmitter, on his hero suit. But why the hell..." Aizawa trailed off, watching his phone screen as the tracker set in motion, revealing that his student was not in the dorms but several blocks away.

"Let's go. I'll call for back-up. It has to be serious if Todoroki is asking for help."

"But why the hell is he not in the dorms? The location he's at is an unknown residence." Shota explained as he pulled on his hero outfit, wrapping his scarf over his shoulders.

He found Mic in the living room of their apartment, telling a tired-looking Shinsou to go back to bed. The boy was rubbing his eyes and turned to face his other dad, asking where they were going. Shota sighed, knowing it would be best to tell the truth.

"Todoroki sent a transmission from quite far away. He's in trouble."

"I'll come too! I can help." Hitoshi declared, already more awake. He and Todoroki had become good friends since he joined the hero course.

"I don't think that's a good idea. We don't know what the situation is, kid."

"But-" Shinsou tried to argue.

"Your dad's right Hitoshi. Plus you need to take care of Eri whilst we're gone. We're trusting you to keep her safe if needs be. Okay kid?" Mic asked, patting their son's shoulder before leaving the home with Aizawa right behind.

"Be careful!" the purple-haired boy called out from the doorway before the pro-heroes disappeared from sight.

Aizawa and Mic met up with All Might and a few other heroes who were out patrolling that night. In his powerful form, All Might tried to figure out what was happening before sending a few heroes ahead of them to scope the place out. Then, making sure that Recovery Girl would be available if needs be when they returned, he and the other pros headed to the location on Shota's phone, the beeping signalling that they were getting closer.

Expressions upon arrival were grim and confused. This giant house, abandoned and falling to the ground, seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. None of them had visited this place before, revealing how old it was and how long it had been empty for, but the unhinged door and shattered glass of the windows signalled people had been there in the past few hours... most likely.

"I'll search from the top down." Hawks announced before flying up to the roof.

"It's a big place. Shota, you and Midnight head right whilst Mic and I go left."

"Got it." everyone agreed before setting off.

Navigating their way through the halls of the mansion, they took in the sights of wrecked furniture, broken walls and blood. Blood that seemed so fresh and out of place it scared them, making them look faster.