chapter six (the visitors)

I run into his arms, "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"You seemed like you could use a friend on the phone," Dream says as he embraces me, "so I booked the first flight here that I could."

I smile into his chest. "Thank you."

I welcome him inside. He sets his stuff down in the living room. We'll figure out the sleeping situation later. I really don't want him sleeping in Alex's room.

I'm not ready for that yet. That room is reserved in my heart for one special person.

"Do you want something to eat? I was just about to make chicken nuggets." I suggest, trying to wipe my eyes while he's not looking. I must look like a hot mess right now.

"That sounds great," he nods. He looks around the apartment. He's been here once before, so he knows what it's usually supposed to look like.

I put the stone in the oven. "Looks empty doesn't it?" I ask Dream.

"Not really," he shrugs, "just... off."

I sigh. "Yeah, that's how my life kind of is right now."

"That's okay. You're getting out of a very serious relationship. You were engaged." he says, "You just need time, and I'm here for as long as you need me.

I smile. I remember a thought I had earlier about not wanting to be alone.

This is just what I needed.

.timeskip a week.

Dream has given me all the time I could possibly want. He sleeps on the couch, so we don't disrupt Alex's space. He's sat with me in quiet while we watchmen movies, listened to me rant. There were a couple times that he just let me cry it all out.

And I can say that after a week, I'm starting to feel better.

I think I'm finally grasping the idea of being single now. I won't necessarily have a specific person to go to, but Dream has been able to show me that I'm loved and cared for.

He even convinced me to join vc with George and Sapnap a couple days ago. It was a big improvement.

I have Quackity blocked on almost everything, just to avoid breaking all my progress.

I need to heal, and I need to grow as a person before I can see him. I'm not quite there yet.

Dream has to leave in a week for a family event, which is okay. He probably doesn't want to hang out with a heartbroken girl for more than two weeks anyways. We're a little bit dramatic and energy consuming, if we're being honest.

I sit on the couch watching Beauty and the Beast with my red blanket. Dream comes out of my room from editing a video.

"Okay, don't be mad," he starts off with as he enters the room.

"Oh no, what did you do?" I ask. I pause the movie to pay attention.

"So, I think Sapnap might be coming over," he looks at me, trying to read my facial expressions.

"Okay, when?" I shrug. Sapnap and I have nothing against each other. We have history, but it's in the way way past now.

"In like.. A couple minutes. He just got to your building."

I sit up a little straighter, "I'm sorry what? And you're just telling me this now?"

"It was going to be a surprise, but then I wasn't sure if it would piss you off or not." he shrugs.

"Just surprised me is all," I stand up from my chair. I go to the bathroom to fix my hair. I don't want to look like a total mess. Dream is used to it now, but Sapnap is definitely not.

After the Raid War (SEQUEL) / Quackity x Reader Fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें