Chapter 16 - On the Way Home

Taylor's POV
I am sad to be leaving New York, yet at the same time I am excited to get back home and into our daily routine. We will have the weekend to relax before Kayla starts school. Our flight leaves tonight around seven.

Today has been rainy. Nothing motivates me to go outside. I made some food for the freezer and cleaned the apartment up some. In a few hours we will being to the art museum.

Well, the art museum was fun. I'm sure Selena and I enjoyed it more than Owen and Kayla. No matter, we had a great time. It is still cold and raining. The sky looks cloudy and grey. Kayla and Owen really wanted to go back to the park to play. I couldn't keep them cooped up inside on our last day, so we suited up in our rain gear and went out to play. Playing in the rain reminded me of the time I was performing on the Fearless and it started to down pour. All of my fans stood in the rain for hours just to hear me play. Rain can be fun.

It was still raining when we boarded our plane home. We said goodbye to Selena at the airport as she walked to her flight and we walked to ours. Tonight everyone will be in their own beds. I texted my mom to let her know we were about to leave. I packed some snacks for Kayla and Owen to snack on during our ride. Taking off in New York is always amazing. No matter what the weather is you can always see the bright lights from the tall buildings.

Both kids were sleeping when we landed. I grabbed their little backpacks and slung them over my shoulder. I had to wake up Kayla to get her off the plane. Once we had claimed our bags and gotten in the car the kids fell asleep again.

Meredith greeted us at the door when we walked in. Home sweet home. The best part about the end of a journey is coming home and sleeping in your own bed.

♡------------------------------♡

"Wake up, wake up!" Shouted someone.

I rubbed my eyes and rolled over to see my daughter juming up and down on my bed at 7:00 in the morning.

"Kay, we don't have to leave for another hour. You can go back to bed."

"No mommy, I can't. I'm too excited. I want you to do my hair for me. I'll be waiting downstairs." Kayla announced excitedly. She skipped out of my room.

I should be used to getting up early from being on tour, but it doesn't mean it gets any easier. The weekend flew by. Kayla is starting Kindergarten today. We spent all weekend getting supplies and talking about school. I should go downstairs and start breakfast if we are going to leave the house on time.

Kayla's POV

"Ouch Mommy, you are pulling to hard." I whined.

"Kayla, if you would just sit still I wouldn't pull as much on your hair." Replied mommy.

When she finished French braiding my hair she put some sparkly bobby pins in to make it stay. I felt like a princess. Today I am going to school! I feel so grown up. I get to wear the white lace dress I bought with mommy at the mall with my sandals. I also got new notebooks and pencils and a backpack to carry them in. My backpack has Ana and Elsa on it.

"Hurry up. We you have to catch the bus in five minutes!" Yelled mommy from downstairs. I finished packing all of my things into my bag. I took one last look in the mirror and smiled. Today is going to be awesome.

Mommy and Owen walked me to the corner of our street. I held her hand the whole way because I was nervous. I have never spent this much time away from her unless I am at Grandma and Grandpa's house. A big yellow bus rounded the corner.

Mommy bent down to talk to me. "Have fun today baby girl. Owen and I will pick you up right after school today. Go learn new things you can share with us when you get back. Make some friends. Let me see your beautiful smile."

I smiled my best smile. "I love you mommy." I said while giving her a hug.

I climbed onto the bus and took a seat near the front. I waved to Mommy and Owen as it drove away. I am going on a new adventure as Mommy would say. I should try to make it the best one ever.