65 - bonus chapter

<alex and george's wedding and the proposal>
bonus chapter

the proposal

alex never dreamed about their wedding or how they would get engaged. while belle rambled on about her dream proposal, ranting on about disney or italy, alex was always content with anything.

so the fact the proposal was as simple as the love the two shared for one another was a surprise to none.

the couple were in their kitchen, alex teaching george how to make the perfect tomato soup as george admired everything about them. their eyes, their smile, just them.

originally his plan was to propose on a walk, a nice walk down by the lake they constantly had picnics but seeing alex right in this moment, he didn't want to propose any other way.

so on a whim, he excused himself and ran upstairs to find the ring he'd hidden under their bed. frantically he grabbed the small red velvet box and pocketed it, taking a deep breath to prepare himself for what he was going to ask.

i asked you to be my boyfriend, so you can ask me to be your partner.

something they'd said years ago but still ran through george's mind everytime he thought of asking the person he loved most to be his partner in crime forever.

george doesn't think he's ever been so excited to ask someone a question.

he ran downstairs and although alex didn't look any different than they did any other day, george was in awe with them.

so while alex turned around to grab something from the cupboard, george got down on one knee and waited for them to face him again, and when they did they'd never smiled so much.

"george..." alex said quietly, covering their mouth with their hands, "you're joking."

"alex." he exhaled, "i've loved you since the day we met, i've loved you since i learned your name and i never plan to stop loving you." he smiled so brightly even the sun couldn't compete.

alex's eyes started to water as they listened to him continue, "you've been not only the best partner but the best friend i could ever ask for and i'll never be able to thank you. so, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

"george." they gushed, "of course."

telling belle

belle had no idea what to expect when she got called down to the living room for a talk with her best friend, but a box labelled maid of honour wasn't it.

"you're taking the piss." belle said in disbelief to which alex held out their hand, proudly showcasing the ring on their finger. "ALEX!" she exclaimed, admiring the ring.

belle wrapped them in a hug, a few tears escaping her eyes, "congratulations! i'm so happy for you."

"thanks, belle." alex smiled into her neck, "i honestly can't believe it."

"tell me all the details!" belle demanded, sitting down next to them. alex telling her every single detail about the day it happened.

and the proposal may have been simple but that didn't mean the wedding planning would be.

inside the wooden box was a bottle of wine, sweets, pj's and a note asking her to be the maid of honour alongside a list of duties. of course belle agreed.

the best man

george had two best friends that didn't include alex or belle, so how was he supposed to chose just one to be his best man?

you're right. he wouldn't choose. he'd have two. and dream and sapnap were over the moon to be co-best men together.

"okay." george said sitting down in front of them, both eager waiting to see what this meeting was about. last time they had a meeting just the three of them, sapnap was getting them to come up with a master plan to ask a girl out.

"come on, hurry up and spit it out!" dream said excitedly.

"exactly! i'm on the edge of my seat here, dude." sapnap grinned.

"i proposed to alex." george's cheeks turned red, "and i want you two to be my best men." he said shyly. he knew there was no reason to be scared to ask, he knew both of them would say yes in a heart beat.

and he was right, "YES!" they both yelled in unison, jumping up from their seats and engulfing the groom to be in a hug.

sapnap still swears to this day he never cried over it but both dream and george saw the tears escape his eyes, but i guess they'll just let him have this one.

the night before the wedding

belle and alex would spend countless nights as they were young teenagers giggling until early hours of the morning, shushing each other so they didn't wake up one of their parents in the rooms next to them.

how could the night before one of them get married be any different?

"you should have seen his face! he looked so surprised." alex wheezed quietly, trying not to wake up niki who'd fallen asleep 30 minutes prior.

"no wonder!" belle laughed along, "i can't believe this time tomorrow you'll be married."

"it's crazy. like i'm actually getting married." alex sighed contently, "i'm so fucking happy."

"i'm so happy for you."

but this sleepover wasn't quite like the ones from when they were thirteen. instead of gushing over alex's crush in their history class, they were gushing over their soon to be husband. the love of their life.

the wedding day

george and alex finally had some time together after the busy day, filled with family and friends. don't get them wrong, they were both over the moon to share such an amazing moment with their loved ones but they desperately wanted some time to themselves.

they'd spent the entire day, dancing their lives away, chatting with friends and catching up with family they'd not seen in ages.

so sitting together, looking at the stars in the sky on the beach was perfect.

"i love you." george said quietly, the sounds of waves crashing in the background.

"i love you too." alex replied softly, "and i can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

"believe me." he said, "there's nothing i want more."

authors note

i call this,
katie had writers block and
wanted nothing more than
to write about characters
she made up in their brain
and got emotionally attached
to.

which is why i'm writing another
book for anf 😋

let me know if u have suggestions
of what you'd like to see!

take care of yourself,
i love you <3