18

"wake up, sleepyhead." alex smiled, climbing onto belles bed.
"politely piss off." she groaned.
"get up, it's quarter past seven." they said, shaking her lightly.
"why?" she huffed, dragging out the 'y'."
"you need to be in the car in fifteen minutes, okay?" alex asked, sitting them-self up.
"okay." belle yawned, burying her head into her pillow.

belle rolled over and looked at the clock, 6:45. alex is such a liar, she thought to herself. she stumbled through to the kitchen where alex sat eating some toast,

"oh, you actually got up." they said in disbelief.
"you lied about the time." she yawned, grabbing a granola bar.
"i didn't think you'd get up." they shrugged, "is that all you're going to eat?" they asked.
"no, i'll grab something at the airport." she mumbled before making her way back to her bedroom.

she brushed her hair into a quick ponytail to get it out her face, she put on a pair of leggings and her georgenotfound hoodie, what better way to make a good first impression?

~~~~

"have you seen my passport?" belle asked alex who was now cleaning the kitchen.
"yeah it's in your carry on, i packed it all this morning for you." they smiled, pointing over to the white bag next to the door.
"aw, thank you." belle said, pulling them into a hug.
"no problem." they said.

they got into the car and listened to whatever the radio played, belle text george saying she'd see him in a few hours and text dream letting him know she was on her way. alex sat tapping the wheel along to the tune, humming quietly,

"i'm going to miss you." they broke the silence, "like seriously."
"i'll miss you too, al." belle smiled at them.
"it's going to be weird without you around the place." they said, still looking at the road.
"you'll be fine." she giggled.
"what if i'm not." they huffed.
"then i'm just a phone call away." she smiled, patting them on their head jokingly, "although if you seriously need something call the neighbour."
"i hate him and will not be doing that." alex deadpanned.
"well you have no other friends here, call carter. he's closest." she shrugged.
"he's in brighton." alex stated.
"i'm aware but that's closer than florida." belle laughed.

eventually the two arrived at the airport, giving each other a quick warm embrace before belle left and alex drove away. the first time they'd be separated for any length of time in years.

~~~~

belle checked in her bag and went through security, she loved airports, everything about them were so fascinating. you saw people walking about the place at all times, no matter what time of day it was.

business men, families, people going solo, anyone,
and you'd most likely never see them again. they were going all over the world.

...