CHAPTER 8 : Strongest Girl In The World

KEI's POV:

"Your past?"

Ichinose-san sounded confused hearing something that came out of my mouth all of a sudden.  So I say it one more time.

"Would you like to hear a story about my past?"

"Wh...why all of a sudden"

"I don't know, I just wanted to do it. Would you listen?"

"Maybe...I want to hear it."

I took a deep breath before spitting everything out here.

"It started about 4 years ago, when I was in 1st grade of middle school. At that time, it was the beginning of my hell life. I……"

Ayanokouji POV :

I stood leaning against the wall.  I'm not that far from them.  So I can quite clearly hear what Karuizawa is talking about.  Though not with Ichinose since it's hard to hear unless I get closer to the door.

There, Karuizawa did something I could never have imagined as long as I had known her.

She told me something she had been hiding for a long time.

Something she wouldn't say even if it cost her body.

I know because I experienced it myself.

And right now, Karuizawa Kei.  The strongest girl in the world, To me.  Trying to fight with herself who is still bound by the restraints of her past.

She really, she really something.

KEI'S POV :

About 10 minutes had passed.  In this quiet dormitory hall.  I have told everything to Ichinose-san.

I can't see what expression she's making right now, but she sure is. She couldn't say a word.

Then a sob came from behind the door.

It was Ichinose-san who was previously speechless.

"Karuizawa-san. I didn't know you had such a hard life......"

"……I'm ashamed that I can be this fragile just because my past is nothing compared to you.

Ichinose-san shows her concern for me.  But that's nnot the point Ichinose-san.  I hate being pitied.

"That's not the point Ichinose-san. What I want to tell you is. The past is something you can't change. Live for today and create your future."

"But Karuizawa-san. Do you think my crimes can be forgiven?"

"Of course. Everyone deserves to be forgiven"

"So......."

"So, get up. And live tomorrow with your usual self. Your friends who care about you are waiting for good news from you"

"I...I...... I understand"

Ayanokouji POV :

From a distance I can hear.  They had finished their conversation.  So I decided to go back there.