7

" You're a strange one. Even when we last met, I could feel that you were awfully faint." The old man said. It was just Eran, him, and the endless expands of stars around us. "You didn't actually reach here the proper way, did you? Did you drift here by accident?"

"Why would it matter? " Eran replied. "I am here regardless. Although, just in spirit. And yes, I did drift here. As long as shinsu exists, I can go there."

"That's true. That means that you'll only be here for a short while." The old man mused. "But the fact that you take this form... Must mean that they truly gave up climbing?"

"... Yes." Eran lowered her head in defeat.

"... Don't be too down. The only reason why they got as far as they did, was also because of you." The old man stated. "That's a fact."

"No..." Eran shook her head. "I'm so weak... Sometimes I wonder how could I could stand next them. Everyone is born equal, but some are more equal than others."

"Hm." The old man was lost in thought. "Although they were strong, I felt that you were the sturdiest. You remind me of an unshakable mountain sometimes. Throughout your entire journey, your core didn't changed much. That is much rarer than great strength."

Eran sunk into deep silence.

"Even I have changed greatly. Sometimes, I can even barely remember who I used to be. But you were still able to remember who you are even from the very beginning." The old man said. "That, too, is strength."

"... Thank you." Eran said, gratefully. Throughout her entire journey, there was no one who told her that she was strong. "Your words, I will remember them."

The old man hummed. "It was a pleasure speaking with you as well. Reminded me of some old memories. You're welcomed to visit me again."

" I'll try!" Eran replied excitedly. Then, she drifted away, according to the flow of shinsu.

...

Eran opened her eyes. She clenched her chest.

That was a good dream.

The positive aura that Eran was emitting could be felt by everyone, regulars and rankers alike. As much as the regulars would like to ask, today was the day for another task.

Oh, it's hide and seek. Ah, I'm in the second team.

Immediately, Eran walked over to Endorsi, and hugged her.

"Hehe!" Eran giggled. "I'm in your team!"

"Yes yes..." Endorsi said, as she petted my head.

Often, Eran would hug her very close friends, or people whom she trusts a lot. At this point, the regulars have gotten used to it.

Team A was starting first.

Hm. Eran's eyes glinted as she stared hard at Khun.

"What." Khun finally asked, uncomfortable with her intense staring.

"Nothing~" Eran smiled.

I see.

Just as she predicted, team A lost. Although the entire play was staged perfectly by Khun, Eran could still see through it.

This is what staying by brother Eduan for so long does to you. He drops some of his brain cells and I happened to receive them.

Then, she looked at the ranker.

Poor him. Maybe I'll tell Khun later that he may have to think about his target's feelings, to be able to manipulate them better.

Then, it was her team's turn.

The first thing she did, was hug Endorsi, and leave. Eran didn't... Feel comfortable around Arlene's child. She felt extremely guilty seeing his innocent and untainted eyes.

I still cannot forget what happened. I'm sorry.

Eran gave Bam an apologetic smile, and opted for poking his forehead instead.

"I'll see you later!" Eran yelled, then she was gone.

...

I think Hatz went this way.

"I've got you now! Throw the spears!" Hatz yelled. And yet, silence ensured.

"What? " The ranker uttered with nearly concealed anger. "Is this some kind of joke?"

Suddenly, 2 bangs were fired swiftly at the ranker. Quant immediately let go, and jumped back.

"I figured this would happen." Eran complained. "Don't worry, I'm irritated too."

"Ha!" Quant said. Then, the both of us immediately charged at each other. I swung my sword with scary precision, but he was able to dodge all of them.

" Rain." Eran said, before slashes suddenly changed to stabs. Eran often switched between slashing and stabbing, throwing Quant off guard. Whenever Quant started getting used to her attacks, Eran would shoot him with a bang or two.

"It's been a while since I last fought a ranker." Eran said, before grinning widely. "Ah~ That felt great! Thank you Quant!"

Quant only looked at me strangely.

"That sword technique... Feels like the Arie swordsmanship, but it's also different." Quant said. "I can also feel some... Ari stabbing techniques...? What a weirdo, you are."

"Yup!" Eran said. "I worked hard at it you know!"

Then Eran peered at Hatz. It seems like he finally fainted.

"Well, my purpose here has been fulfilled. I'm leaving!" Eran said. "Cya! Time to check on sister Endorsi..."

"Wait! Come back here!" Quant shouted. But by then, Eran was gone.

Quant let out a wobbly grin, before continuing to chase down 'it', which was most likely Endorsi.

Who knows, maybe I'll get to fight her again.

...

When Eran was just zapping about the entire place, she stumbled upon Hoh threatening Michelle with a knife.

Hoo... That's rough buddy.

Eran planted herself on the ceiling of the hall. Being able to manipulate shinsu at will has its perks. Then, she just watched the show.

Eran watched Quant teach Bam how to temporarily immobilize a target, and immediately be able to master it.

He truly is Arlene and V's child. He's also definitely an irregular though. And FUG would definitely take a keen interest in him. Haiz...

The Endorsi joined the fray.

" Go sister Endorsi! You can do it!" Eran cheered from the ceiling.

"What are you doing up there?!" Endorsi yelled back, dodging attacks from the ranker.

"Yeah! Get down here! I want to fight you!" Quant shouted at me.

"Hehehe..." I giggled. "No~"

Then, their fighting continued. And e Endorsi managed to outsmart Quant and touch his badge. I clapped for her and Bam's victory for the ceiling.

I leapt off the ceiling, and coincidentally landed on the green pickle. Then, I stormed on him a few times, before walking to Endorsi.

"Congratulations! We won!"

Then, Eran walked out to where team A was. She directly went over to Khun, and patted his head.

"You did well." She said. Then, she left, with Khun's eyes following her.