The Spark

James Potter and Remus Lupin were close. Closer than close. They were practically brothers. This meant that James thought he was free to visit Remus at Moon Phases and Tea, the corner store bookshop that he worked at, whenever he wanted to talk about their 'band.' 

   You see, James has amazing pipes for rock and pop, and Remus can play bass, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keyboard, drums, and can sing. While Remus thought of it as a good past time and a calming thing, James thought of it as an opportunity to start a band. 

   Unfortunately, they could only have a singer and a guitar or keyboard since it was the two of them. This meant no gigs. 

   James, the bone-headed determined idiot he is, signed them up for an open mic night at the Three Broom Sticks, the local café. Now, he just had to convince Remus to sign up for more.

   "James, there are only two of us." Remus sighed and leaned on the counter, grateful that it was a small shop with not too many customers at a time. "We'd need at least someone on the drums and another guitarist. I can't play everything at once, and I'm definitely not singing so you can attempt to play them all at the same time." 

   Remus, the smarty he is, shot the idea down the second James' eyes got that spark. It could be a dangerous spark, like when he tried to cut his hair with a chain saw. Let's say he was kicked out of shop class and in the hospital for a while.

   James deflated against the counter. "Fine, but we have to play at the Three Broomsticks tonight. It was an if you sign-up, you make the commitment type thing." Remus sighed again.

   "Fine. We'll play tonight, but no more signing us up impulsively until we have more members."

   And more members they would have because James Fleamont Potter had that spark in his eyes that would start a blazing flame. The question was, what would it fuel? 

________________________________________________________________________________

   (A/N) Hello! I changed a part (if you're one of the few people that have already read this) that carries the plot in the future. If you haven't read this, Carry On.

   Love,

            Me