Hyunjin's POV

"I want to do something before I go back to my cabin"

"What?" She winked a few times. I turned around and extended my arm towards a lamp table by the couch, grabbing paper and a pencil.

"I know I said I had all the details memorized, but honestly, I'd rather have you right in front of me to draw you."

She stared at me, a small curve appeared on her face, making her look away from me.

"I-I mean if that's okay for you" I cleared my throat. I realized I was being too comfortable maybe?

"I would love to" she smiled, instantly making me smile too. She dragged herself back a little, putting more distance between us, but perfect for me to catch the angle I needed.

"When did you even bring that? I didn't see you" she asked.

"When you started dragging me outside, I just quickly thought about it so I grabbed the drawing and a pencil, barely, with my other hand. You had your eyes up front so I guess that's why." I chuckled.

"You're fast" she laughed, "I would've never been able to think so quick."
.
.
.
.
"Just tell me what I should do or where should I look, or if there's an angle you prefer. I'll try my best not to move"

"Just be yourself, that's all". Hayul hadn't realized it, but for me to draw her, I only need to observe her, nothing more, and that happened to be one of my favorite things to do, recently.

"Should I not move?"

"It's fine, do what ever you want, you don't need to pose"
She looked at me for a few seconds, smiling. I had already started to draw her eyes. I got to add some more details to her hair too. After some minutes, she spoke again.

"Is it okay if I use my phone?"

"Why are you even asking for permission? Just do it" I laughed.

"It's just that.."

"What?" My eyes took turns between her and the drawing as I spoke.

"I feel nervous with you looking so much at me". Now my eyes looked up ahead the piece of paper, looking at her. Her cheeks were red and she was hiding a smile.

"Look at you. To think two months ago you would act so strong and uninterested."

"It was different back then" she pouted.

"Anyways.. don't feel nervous. It's okay, I'll need some more minutes untill it's done."

"Okay~" she went back to the phone. Honestly, I would've preferred if she looked at me, because I like her so much, but that's fine.
.
.
.
.
Minutes went by, and I found myself immersed in the drawing, I hadn't look at Hayul for a while now, since I was perfectioning more small details. She was quietly still using the phone.

"I think it's done" I smiled, looking at it and lowering it down to talk to her properly. However, I realized she wasn't using the phone; she had fallen asleep instead, and that's why it went so quiet.

"Hayul?" I whispered, but she was long gone by now. I guess she had to do a lot alone today, so she was very tired.

I slowly stood up, careful not to make a sound so I wouldn't wake her up. I looked everywhere for a blanket, but had no luck. Tiptoeing towards her, I tried waking her up, but had no luck. It amazes me, the fact that she's the one who wakes me up every morning, yet her sleep is this heavy.

Gently and slowly, I picked her up from the couch, and carried her to her room. I would've expected her to wake up, but she didn't.

I carefuly placed her back down on her bed, and covered her with the mattress. She looked so peaceful while sleeping, how envy I feel.

I noticed small sticky notes placed on the edge of her night stand, and couldn't help to check it out.

"March 15th
•Clean lobby
•fix gates
•Visit Mr and Mrs Kim
•Make him smile

March 17th
•buy more candy for mr Kim
•fix mrs Park's fence
•call mom
•ask him if he's feeling better (at least try)

My heart felt so indescribably warm. I kept reading between her notes.

April 20th
•Watermelons
•Clean Warehouse
•deliver fruit boxes
•(scratched) Confess (?) better not, don't ruin it Hayul!"

"We liked each other for a while now, Huh?" I whispered, looking at her. She was waaay asleep, probably dreaming.

I got closer to her, slowly moving away the strands of hair covering her face, placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

"You made me smile more than you imagine" I whispered, "Thank you, Good night".

I covered her properly and made my way outside her room, closing the door behind me. Before leaving, I cleaned a little around and washed everything we used for dinner.

"Make him smile"

That sentence still danced in my head, and I honestly couldn't be more thankful about it. It truly melted my heart.