Part 1: Big Brother is Watching

Your country has changed. The United States is a safe place. A very safe place. It's very different now. It was gradual, so that you wouldn't notice. With every threat, they lobbied for one more "safety precaution". With every attack, one more "defense mechanism". That's how Surveillance was born; you probably remember when it was first introduced. It sounded like a great idea. And it never bothered you that you've never even seen the Head of Surveillance. You don't even know what that is? That's the Boss with a capital B. The one who knows everything about everyone. The one who's in control.  Oh I'm sure it's to protect him; the safest man on Earth. He has more power than all of us combined because we let him take it from us in the name of security. He outranks the President. Surveillance is a part of daily life now. You know all about it. You see the ad on TV nearly every five minutes. It's all clean white curtains in the wind, fuzzy edges and soft focus.

Surveillance. We've got our eye on you. She chuckles. Thanks to Surveillance Technology, you'll never have to worry about crime again. There's no place those crooks can hide that Surveillance can't see them!

But don't tell me you don't see the cameras.

The eyes.

Watching us.

I know.

Surveillance is watching. They are watching. Big Brother is always watching.