50 - Deal

"Do we have to do it now?"

"Ryujin, how many times should I tell you it was Mom who invited you here?" asked Yeji. They are in front of Yeji's house, but Ryujin doesn't want to go out of the car yet.

"But... but Lia said--"

"My mom knows about us, okay? That's why she wants to meet you."

Ryujin let out a loud exhale, her eyes uncomfortably glancing at the house. She still can't believe that she'll be meeting Yeji's mom sooner than she had expected.

"Are you planning to be in a relationship with me and keep hiding from my mom?" asked Yeji.

"It's not like that." Ryujin reached for Yeji's hand. "I'm just nervous. I don't want to disappoint her. I don't want to disappoint you."

Yeji cupped Ryujin's cheek. "You won't, okay? Don't try to act like someone else you're not. You're charming; use that. Charm your way up to get my mom."

A relieved smile curved on Ryujin's lips as she exhaled a sigh. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Can we stay here for five more minutes?"

"Unfortunately, we can't. Unless you want to get in trouble by giving my mom an idea that the reason we arrived late is we woo-hooed, then I guess we could stay here even for thirty minutes more."

"What! We didn't do that!"

Yeji laughed. "But the longer we stay here, the more she'll get an idea about it. So, let's go out now, okay?"

Ryujin knew there's no way out now. She finally nodded.

---

It's brighter inside now compared to the last time Ryujin visited. All the curtains were opened, giving the place a lively aura. Ryujin smelled something cooking in the kitchen and got nervous when Yeji dragged her there.

"Mom!"

A slim figure turned around to greet her daughter with a smile.

"Hey, dear. I missed you." Yeji's mom kissed her cheek.

Seeing the older lady made Ryujin realize where Yeji had gotten all her charms. And to be honest, they look more like sisters than mom and daughter.

Yeji wrapped her arms around her mom's waist. "I missed you too. I'm sorry for the unplanned sleepover last night."

"Is there anything else I can do? I guess I'd have to get used to you sleeping over somebody's place more often now, huh," Yeji's mom said, glancing over Ryujin.

Yeji went over to Ryujin to drag her closer. "Mom, this is Ryujin. And, Ryujin, meet my mom."

Yeji's mom raised an eyebrow while staring at Ryujin.

Ryujin gulped at that. Now she's certain where Yeji got her snobbishness. The lady in front of her is the queen of terror. She doesn't know what to say, so she held her hand out for a handshake.

"Uh... h-hi... ma'am..."

Unknown to the two youngsters, Yeji's mom is holding a knife in her right hand, which she put down on the counter beside Ryujin to shake hands.

"So, we finally meet, Ryujin."

Ryujin swallowed down a lump in her throat and forced a smile. "It's... it's nice to meet you, ma'am..."

"You can freely come in here as long as you take good care of my Yeji, okay?" said the older lady, grabbing the knife again.

Ryujin pressed her lips together and nodded. "I... I surely will..."