29 - Nuisance

"The only place we're going to now is your place," said Yeri, leaning forward to give a kiss.

Ryujin flattened her palms against Yeri's shoulders and shoved her away. "Hey! Could you please stop this?"

"I'll only stop if you bring me to your place now."

"No, no, no! This is not right!"

The intern didn't seem to get it. "What's right for you then? This?" Yeri started unbuttoning her shirt.

Ryujin realized that it was serious when she saw a small pink brassiere already being exposed. "Hey, stop doing that!" she said, buttoning back the shirt while Yeri was still unbuttoning the others.

Suddenly, a phone rang. Both turned their attention to Ryujin's ringing phone on the dashboard.

"Excuse me..." said Ryujin, slightly panting.

Yeri sighed but eventually gave in. She sat back on the passenger's seat and buttoned her shirt back. Ryujin went out of the car to answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Ryujin? Are you alright?" It was Chaeryeong calling.

"I think so. I'm glad you called." Ryujin wiped her sweat with her handkerchief.

"Why do you sound exhausted? Were you running or something?"

Ryujin quickly glanced at her car. "I was wrestling with someone."

"What?"

Ryujin facepalmed herself when she realized what she said. "One of the new interns in the office was assaulting me in my car a while ago. I don't know how to tame her."

"Assaulting?" Chaeryeong laughed. "You should try to stop being charming for once, Ryujin. It's just your fault."

"It's not funny," Ryujin hissed. "She was about to kiss me before you called."

"What? So, I was right. You were really in trouble," said Chaeryeong. "I was having a weird urge to call you. It turns out that you really need someone to save your butt then."

Ryujin chuckled. "Yeah. Thanks, Chaeryeong. I'll make it up to you next time."

"Kids nowadays are so aggressive, eh?"

"Tell me about it." Ryujin rolled her eyes. "Tsk. What should I do?"

"Tell her you already have a girlfriend. She'll stop if you do that."

"But I don't want to break her heart."

"What if she keeps on assaulting you? Don't tell me you'd give in?"

"No. I'm still in love with Yeji," said Ryujin. "I don't have the slightest interest in this kid inside my car."

"Then tell her that you're with Yeji."

"I can't. Yeji is the one supervising her. I'll be dead if she finds that out."

"Then tell Yeji about it."

Ryujin stopped, thinking it's actually a good idea. "Do you think she would agree to that?"

"If she likes you she will surely agree to it."

"But she has been avoiding me lately. In fact, she has been avoiding me after the trip."

"Hmm? Avoiding you in what way?"

"Well, we rarely talk. She doesn't chat with me. I believe it started when Lia noticed our closeness."

"That's interesting. There could only be two possible reasons why she's doing that."