27 - Interns

February finally arrived. Hearts and cupid designs filled their office now.

"What are you girls bringing on the 14th?" asked Felix, cutting his cupid as neatly as he can. Lia and Yeji are helping him design their bays.

"Chocolates." Lia dropped her scissor to look at the finished cupid she'd made.

"Chocolates? Whom are you gonna give it to?" asked Felix. "To be honest, there are no guys here worthy of chocolates except for Taehyun."

"You have a point, Felix. But I will still give chocolates to all my male friends here in the office, especially you." Lia shot Felix a seductive look.

"Ew, Lia! Gross! I wouldn't do that to you! Yuck!"

Lia laughed. "What do you want me to give to you then, flowers?"

"No need. I have a boyfriend who will buy me flowers," said Felix proudly.

"Well, FYI, I'm no single myself so I would surely have one too."

Lia and Felix then realized that there's still another person in the area who's listening to them while busy cutting her cupid.

"What?" Yeji stopped cutting when she felt that Lia and Felix were looking at her.

"You still don't have a boyfriend, Yeji, do you?" Felix dragged his swivel chair closer to Yeji.

"Nope. Is there a problem with that?"

"Mmm. None. But I'm worried about you, sweetie."

"I'm not lonely, Felix, if that's what you want to know."

"Why are you still single, anyway?"

Yeji sighed. This is the time of the year when everyone is always asking her about her status. "It's a choice."

"We're just wondering..." Felix glanced at Lia and went back to Yeji. "I've known you for over two years now and you never had a date in any of those Valentine's before."

"Felix, you know Yeji isn't the type of person who'll say yes to any suitor. It's not like no one has invited her," said Lia.

"Why is it that none of your past suitors were good enough for you?" asked Felix.

"I just haven't found the right one yet. I don't want to rush into things." Yeji went back to cutting her cupid.

"What if the right one already passed, but you missed your chance because you're too naïve?"

Yeji dropped her hands on her lap. "Naïve? I don't think so."

"Or what if the right one is already there but you just won't admit it to yourself?" said Lia, reminding Yeji of the conversation they had last time.

Felix turned to Lia, surprised. "Wow! Is it true? There is someone special?"

Yeji glared at Lia while Felix wasn't looking.

"It's nothing. I was just teasing her." Lia chuckled. "By the way, who do you think is gonna get the most chocolates and flowers this time?"

"For the girls, I'd still root for Yeji," said Felix. "Everyone knows she's still single. That adds up to the excitement."

"Why are you two talking like it's some kind of competition?" asked Yeji. "It doesn't matter who gets more. It's all about the expression of care or appreciation towards another, right?"

"Point taken. But you have to admit, girl, you got quite a lot of attention last year," said Felix.

"Yeah, her secret admirers are suddenly popping out of nowhere during Valentine's. I think she got the most flowers last year." Lia looked up at the ceiling to mentally count the flowers Yeji got.