Yeji chuckled. "I don't mind. Can't blame them. It's the time of the year."

Yeonjun puffed his cheeks. "Yeah. This is the place where we usually hold meetings with our clients so we're pretty much friends with the staff. I believe this is the first time they had seen me alone with a woman."

"Oh. So, that's where their excitement came from."

Yeonjun smiled and put down the salt shaker. "Are you sure nobody's going to kill me for having dinner with you tonight?"

"Nobody that I'm aware of," said Yeji, slicing her steak. She heard Yeonjun chuckle. "Seriously. I don't have a boyfriend."

"Oh. Enjoying your individuality?"

"You could say that. I don't know. Honestly, I'm not really a big fan of dating."

"Being single has its perks." Yeonjun brought a slice of steak into his mouth. "It is something I'm also enjoying at the moment."

"I can't imagine Beomgyu saying that."

Yeonjun laughed. "That dude cannot stay single even for a minute only. I already lost count on how many girlfriends he introduced to us."

Yeji continued to observe the man in front of her. He looks more relaxed and vibrant now compared to how he was during New Year's Eve. Yeji is glad they're conversing naturally now even though this is the first time they've been alone.

"I never knew that you can be talkative," said Yeji.

"Do I always seem boring to you?"

"Not really boring but, you know, just a little harder to read compared to Beomgyu."

"Well, we won't be able to enjoy this dinner if I won't talk, right?"

"You're right. Maybe I'm just used to seeing you with that mysterious aura all the time."

Yeonjun covered his mouth with the tablecloth as he laughs. "Should I take that as a compliment?"

"Well, you should. Being mysterious can sometimes be attractive."

Yeonjun smirked. "You think so?"

It's just now that Yeji realized what she said. "I mean... there are some girls who really prefer mysterious guys over the talkative ones, right?"

"Maybe... maybe..." Yeonjun shrugged. "Since we're already in this, why don't you tell me what happened to you after we met on New Year's Eve?"

Yeji looked around the room, trying to recall anything from these past few months.

"Nothing really special. I'm still working in the same office, taking care of the interns."

"No tripping or whatever?"

"I went to Haeundae last month with a friend."

Yeonjun's face lit up. "Ahh. Yeah. That place is awesome."

"Yes, it is."

The place is indeed a paradise. But Yeji seemed to remember only the moments she had there; the Heejin issues, Soobin's kindness, Yuna's words of wisdom, especially moments with Ryujin.

"You sure it's just a friend?" asked Yeonjun.

"Huh?"

"You said you went out with a friend, right? You sure that person is only a friend?"

Yeji blinked. "Yeah. Why?"

"I dunno. Your mood just changed when you mentioned that friend of yours."