"Hmm. Speaking of that. What do you say about me bringing you to Aunt Victoria's?"

Yeji felt happy. "I'd love to. Why don't we do it next week?" she suggested, hinting for Valentine's date.

"Umm." Ryujin scratched the tip of her eyebrow. "Unfortunately, I won't be here next week."

"You won't?"

"Yeah. Well. It's my dad's birthday on the fourteenth so I'm visiting him on that day."

Yeji felt embarrassed thinking Ryujin knew what she was pertaining to. She tucked a stray hair behind her ear.

"So, where are you going this time?"

"Indonesia. I've filed for vacation leave from 12th to 14th. I'll be flying tomorrow afternoon. Aunt Victoria called so I could pick up her gift for dad."

Yeji focused her eyes on the spaghetti to hide her disappointment.

That's from Monday to Wednesday. She won't see Ryujin for four days straight. She's wondering now if she how will she be able to survive that.

---

"So... we're here..." said Ryujin as they arrive in front of Yeji's gate.

"Thanks. I had fun. Real fun," said Yeji.

"You had fun making fun of me."

Yeji chuckled. "I didn't know you had a comedian side."

Ryujin rolled her eyes. "Yeah. Right."

"You should be proud. It's not every day I enjoy a date like this."

"I'm honored, your highness." Ryujin bowed.

"Thanks to my friends in the horror house, they made my day complete."

"Ugh. Until when are you gonna make fun of me?"

"Let me be. I won't see you for four days, you know," said Yeji.

A smile slipped across Ryujin's mouth. "Awe. Does that mean you will miss me?"

"You wish."

"I'm sure you will. Right? Right?" Ryujin's poking Yeji's arm.

"What makes you think so?"

Ryujin scratched her head for an answer. "Uh... I don't know. Because I'm surely gonna miss you?"

"Aish. Why do you love messing your hair like that?" Yeji reached to fuss with Ryujin's disarrayed hair. "And yes, of course, I'd miss you, dumbo."

"Awe. I'm so touched."

"Crazy." Yeji was about to playfully slap Ryujin, but the latter caught her hand out of instinct.

Ryujin is started caressing her hand, squeezing it as she smiles at Yeji.

Then she brushed a strand of hair away from Yeji's forehead. Ryujin's hand trembled, but Yeji loved the feeling of those fingertips making the barest contact on her skin.

Ryujin leaning closer, planting a soft kiss on Yeji's forehead. "Thank you," she whispered, almost inaudible.

Yeji closed her eyes. It was oh so magical that she'd like to stay like that for a little while.

However, they had to pull away from each other when a headlight from a passing vehicle flashed for a second.

"I, uh, I better go now," said Yeji, hooking her bag on her shoulder. "I'll see you next week." She went out of the car and sneaked a peek before closing the door. "Take care, okay? And enjoy the trip."

"I will. Thank you. Goodnight, Yeji."

"Goodnight, Ryujin."

---

Yeji's knees were weak she collapsed on her bed immediately. She was glad that her mom isn't home yet because it had saved her from the possible interrogation on how was the hangout with her 'friends'.

And now she's back to staring endlessly at the ceiling. She's no doubt happy, but at the same time, she feels scared of the changes she's feeling lately.

Scared of that thought that maybe she's losing it now.

As far as the dating game is concerned, Yeji had always had her guard up; full gear defense. Yes, she goes out with boys but she's too cautious around them. Although the case is a bit different, because it's a girl this time, but Yeji never felt things from previous dates before the way Ryujin had made her feel or even made her do without inhibitions.

She mentally counted all the notable firsts she experienced that day:

First time she totally enjoyed a date.

First time she had admired the fireworks display despite the loud noise.

First time she made the first move to hold her date's hand.

First time she had eaten at that Italian restaurant.

First time she'd thought of going out with someone on Valentine's Day.

She stopped for a moment before admitting one last thing on her mind. She touched her forehead, trying to recall how it felt earlier. Her heart flutters on the memory of it.

"Shit..." she said in an exhale with her eyes darting quickly around the room.

This time she knows it. Whatever defense she had tried to establish all throughout these years; that blockage has already been blown away.

The battle for maintaining her sanity is over. Her guard is already torn down. She just smiled at her realization because she never thought it was possible to get such happiness from one person only.

She knows it's useless to pretend to be strong anymore, because whatever mask she puts on to pretend how tough she is it will just boil down to one thing:

Ryujin had definitely conquered her.