ten

THE LOUD LANDING OF THE WATER DROPS completely vanished in your ears. The thumping of your heart rose in volume as every second passed by, your mouth opened in disbelief.

"Me?" You asked, with one finger pointing towards yourself.

"Who else is here besides you?" Chifuyu let out a small chuckle making you realise how dumb you sounded.

You quickly looked away from him, your head tilting down causing your hair to dangle along with your movements as your cheeks heat up in embarrassment. You gently bit on the inside of your cheeks as you tried to suppress the butterflies roaming in your stomach while his words replayed in your head.

He wants you to come over to his house?

Your breath hitched, as many questions popped into your head; You? He's inviting you to come to his house?? Alone?? Aren't things escalating a bit too quickly here?? What would his parents say if they saw him bring a girl home?? Is it really okay for you to come over??

All these questions flooded your head, but there was one main question that dwelled in your mind; Where was Rin?

"So? Are you coming?" His voice snapped you out of your thoughts. You tilted your head towards him, eyes coincidentally meeting his pretty blue ones which were glistening with sincerity. The way he looked at you almost seemed as if he wanted you over, casting a spell upon you, hypnotising you to be completely honest with yourself and letting out your next word without even thinking about it.

"Okay." You breathed out. Your eyes grew wide the second those words left your mouth as you realised what you had just said.

"Alright." He stood up from his spot, looking satisfied with your answer. You followed his actions out of instinct before your eyes trailed over to look at what had his attention; the rain.

"How are we going to get through this rain though?" You asked, none of you had an umbrella with you, and there weren't any nearby convenient stores for you to purchase an umbrella, therefore the two of you were stuck here.

"I have an idea," You looked over to him only to see him unzipping his jacket, taking it off from his body.

"We'll use this." He lifted his jacket up, hovering it over his head, acting as an umbrella as his eyes trailed back over to you.

"Your jacket?"

"Yeah."

You sweatdropped at his response as you looked at him with a slightly confused face. His jacket? As an umbrella??

"I don't think that will work," you advised. Considering how heavy the rain is, you knew that his jacket would become drenched within a matter of a few second.

He let out a small hmm after hearing your words as he began to think to himself for a few seconds, rethinking his decision.

"Perhaps you're right." You let out a sigh at his response, glad you were somehow able to convince him not to use his jacket as an umbrella.

"But we'll never know unless we give it a shot." The corner of his lips curved up into a grin, making your insides flutter at his naiveness.

You knew it wasn't going to work. Afterall, there was no way that thin jacket of his was going to be able to shield the two of you from such a heavy rain. Your lips agape to say something, only for a gasp of air to escape.

You couldn't. After all you had forgotten that this boy was your one and only weakness, and that there was no way you would be able to say no to him after he flashed you that smile.

Yet despite this, you still pressed your lips together, a smile etching onto your features.

"You're right."