eight

YOU DEEPLY INHALED OUT, pressing your lips together as your eyes blankly stared at the board, completely ignoring everything else going on in the surrounding; including the male that sat right next to you. Your forehead ceased as you continued to think about this unexplainable feeling you had in your heart. It wasn't one of those 'doki doki' feelings you usually feel when your heart overflows with excitement, nor was it one of those feelings where your heart starts accelerating out of embarrassment, it was nothing like that. In fact, it was more of an unpleasant feeling that was dwelling in your heart. And it all started when one of your classmates approached you and announced something that you certainly weren't expecting at all,,,,

flashback

"Huh?" Your lips parted, unsure of whether or not you heard the girl in front of you correctly.

"It's okay if you don't want to, I understand." Rin bowed down in front of you, the scene reminding you of exactly what happened two weeks ago on the day you were assigned duty with her. You blinked, as you looked down at her figure in confusion, feeling an unfamiliar feeling roaming around in your heart. You opened your mouth as you wanted to confirm your suspicions, your hands tightening into a ball as you hope you heard wrong. "You want me to hand this over to,,, Chifuyu?"

"Yes!" She looked up with a bright smile on her face, her voice loud and clear, her words echoing over and over again in your ears. She reached her hands into her bag before she pulled out a small white envelope, which had a cute red heart in the middle of it, sealing it together. "This love letter!"

You felt your world crashing down on you as you heard Rin's words slip out of her mouth. An awful feeling sinking your stomach as you felt tiny slashes to your heart. You blinked a few times, your hands slightly wavering as your mind was unable to comprehend what she just said. A love letter? For Chifuyu? You slowly breathed in to calm yourself down before she continued.

"The truth is," Rin glanced up to look at you, her fingers fidgeting against each other as a layer of red coated her cheeks.

"I've always had feelings for him."

Your eyes widened, pupils dilated as you looked at her with your mouth opened. The letter still in her hand as she embarrassedly looked away from you, the sight of her flustered state making you feel an even larger slash to your heart. "I've liked him since the beginning of the year. But I didn't know how to approach him. I even tried changing my seats to sit next to him during the new seating plans, but I guess luck just isn't on my side cause we ended up switching seats instead." she lightly laughed out as she rubbed her arms.

She shifted her gaze to you, to see your reaction before she noticed how unusually quiet you were as she raised her brows in suspicion. "Don't tell me,,, you like him as well?"

Your eyes widened, feeling heat rush to your cheeks before. "No! I don't!" You panicked as these words slipped out of your mouth and you almost instantly regretted it.

"That's good." She clasped her hands together with a relieved smile on her face, as you could feel guilt weighing down your body. You lied. You lied to her. But for what reason did you do that for? You didn't know either, but you just couldn't bring yourself to tell her the truth, to let her know that you had feelings for the very same boy she was crushing on.

"Then you'll pass it on for me right?" She stretched her hands out pushing the letter toward you with a large smile etched onto her face as she looked at you, and you swear you saw sparkles in it for a second. Your heart clenched as you looked at her in the eyes, slowly taking a gulp.