seven

CHIFUYU PLACED HIS PEN AGAINST HIS CHEEKS as he buried his hand in his hair, scratching his soft blonde locks. His brows furrowed in confusion as he tilted his head, a bunch of numbers swelling around in his head messing his mind up as he struggled to understand what he did wrong in the question.

"L/N, I don't get it." He frowned as he leaned back on his chair.

Never have you ever dreamed of being in the library sitting next to the boy of your dreams, teaching him math. You've liked him for a while okay, so you've obviously daydreamed about doing various things with him; such as going on dates with him, going to cafes, to a park etc, but helping him study at the school library was certainly not one of them. Which was one of the reasons why you were so taken back when he had asked you to stay back after school to teach him math in the library.

"Here," you reached over as you started writing in his book, correcting his equation. "You forgot to add a 3 on the other side of the equation."

You didn't understand why he chose to ask you out of everyone he knew, but that's when you remembered. Your mind went back to the other day as his flustered face after seeing his math results flashed into your head. You realised that he probably didn't want a lot of people to know about how poor his skills at math were. He probably couldn't rely on his friend Baji either, cause if the other male was capable of teaching him, then you wouldn't be here in the library with him.

Chifuyu's eyes widened as he realised the mistake he had made. He placed his head in his hand, facepalming as he felt like an idiot for not realising such a simple mistake earlier. "I see."

"Here, try this other question from the textbook." You flipped the book over to the next page and copied down the first question on that page.

9x - 7i > 3(3x - 7u)

It shouldn't be too hard for him right? After all, as long as he applies all his rules correctly then he should eventually get to the answer. But again, if he was capable of doing that properly then he wouldn't be asking you to teach him math.

You looked at him with the corner of your eyes as you watched his earrings lightly dangle with every little movement he makes and as he clicks on his tongue, struggling with the question. You placed your head onto your hand, leaning your cheeks against your palm as you could feel a small bubbling feeling forming in your stomach, and the sound of your heart beating slowly but very intensely, thumping loudly against your chest. Your body slowly filled up with joy at your close proximity with him, as a smile makes its way to your lips.

Your mind now digging through your memories as you looked back at all the small interactions you've had with the blonde before a certain image of his smile flashed in your head. With a small blush across your cheeks, you lightly bit on your lips and looked down at the table. You quickly shook your head, shaking your thoughts out. But still, you couldn't help but just feel extremely happy with how much closer you've gotten closer to Chifuyu within the past 2 weeks. It wasn't that much, but progress is still progress,,, right?

"Is this correct?" He looked up from his book as you quickly snapped out of your daze.

You dragged his book towards your side of the table before you scanned through his working out while simultaneously solving the question in your brain as you checked his answer. All of his working out seemed fine, except for the last line.

"You made a mistake here." You pointed out as Chifuyu leaned over towards you, only to see his answer circled in red.

i > 3 u