84. To Visit Wei Sama On Set

Start from the beginning

Wei Chang Feng, who had always been very o strong-minded, was now full of helplessness and could only let out a sigh.

Wei Chang Feng did not say much, but Qi Le An kept checking his phone, waiting for Wei Chang Feng's reply.

‘Is Wei Sama teasing me? Is he flirting with me?!’

‘Ah, ah, what is Wei Sama doing!’

“Are you okay?” Chen Shan looked at Qi Le An’s crazy expression and said, “If you’re sick, take medicine.”

Qi Le An, “…”

Gale studio was particularly lively this day. The model Luky and the young girl Qin Ruolin who hadn’t made her debut yet were both in the studio. This was the first time Qi Le An had met a “colleague “, and he was a little excited.

Luky had a strange appearance in Qi Le An’s eyes. It wasn’t that Luky was ugly or anything, she just looked a bit different from other people, her features were a bit loud in Asian aesthetics. Her skin was bronze, her smile was broad, her denim shorts were short. When she saw Qi Le An, her eyes lit up.

“I heard the boss saying that he has just signed a Little Fresh Meat, is it you?”

Luky wasn’t fluent in Chinese, she had mispronounced Meat into Neat, but Qi Le An secretly felt it fitted him, he was pretty neat, and he had immediately felt a sense of friendliness from Luky.

“Hello, Luky Jiejie. I’m Qi Le An,” Qi Le An greeted politely.

Luky waved her hand and said, “Hi, An, just call me Luky, nice to meet you. Here, let me introduce Lin to you!”

Qi Le An then looked at the girl standing next to Luky. The girl was in her early twenties and she looked so elegant and poised. Her facial features were as beautiful as you could imagine, and her petite figure made her look like a princess in fairy tales. Her eyes were shining bright like stars when she greeted Qi Le An.

Qin Ruolin waved her hand and said, “Hello.”

Qi Le An exclaimed in his heart again. ‘Yin Yan indeed has such great taste, everyone in the company is so different yet so memorable!’

Yin Yan was in a meeting now. The three of them sat in the lounge area on the second floor along with Chen Shan. Although Luky was not fluent in Chinese, she was talkative. She would just gesticulate with hands and feet, trying to make herself understood. The rest of them would exchange a look with confusion, but that didn’t bother or discourage Luky, she would just carry on and talk more. Qin Ruolin had a good sense of humor, she was full of witty remarks when she tried to translate for Luky. She was still in her junior year and was ready to make her debut in half a year.

After about ten minutes, Yin Yan finally finished his meeting. Luky still looked at Chen Shan with affection and said, “Shan! Are you sure you don’t want to be my assistant?!”

Qi Le An quickly protected his manager and said, “Luky, not today, Luky!”

Luky was amused by Qi Le An’s reaction, and she kept mimicking Qi Le A’s tone, ‘not today, Luky!’

Yin Yan had seen them from his meeting room window, so he walked over and smiled, ” An is meeting Luky and Lin for the first time, right? I’m glad you guys are getting along great. An, how was your exam?

Qi Le An wasn’t surprised that Yin Yan would ask him questions about his exam at all, so he smiled and said, “Not too shabby, I rank 11th in the class.”

Yin Yan’s eyes brightened, and he praised Qi Le An for he had studied diligently. In comparison, his kid was slacking off.

Qi Le An came to the studio for his schedule for the following month, so he settled the matter in a few words. Luky and Qin Ruolin still had work to talk to Yin Yan. So the three of them left contact information to each other, with that Qi Le An said goodbye to them.

As soon as he thought about meeting Wei Chang Feng the next day, Qi Le An just kept tossing and turning in bed, he wished he could fly over that night.

The filming of “The Disguiser” took almost four months from June to the end of September. As the male lead, Qi Le An’s content would be shot in July and August. There were many drama and movie invitations for Qi Le An after the release of Better Days, but the studio refused them all. Some people contacted Chen Shan directly, Chen Shan had turned them down saying as much as they appreciated the invitation, Qi Le An’s priority now was his study.

In the next two years, Qi Le An would only take part in high-quality movies and dramas during his holidays.

He liked this working mode very much.

The film and television base in H City was a famous place for filming movies in the period of the Republic. The film and television base was one of the biggest bases in China. However, the place was not yet open to tourists and there was not much publicity, so there were few fans that could be seen in the base.

It was still a quiet place for the crew.

Qi Le An was supposed to join the crew on the 23rd, but he begged Chen Shan to let him go on 22nd so that he could see Wei Chang Feng in advance. Chen Shan was never good at saying no to Qi Le An, so Qi Le An got to fly to H City in advance, leaving Chen Shan to do the packing by himself.

Qi Le An was the first to give Wei Chang Feng birthday blessings at midnight, and he deliberately made a phone call for more than ten minutes, so that no one else could get through. He also specifically told Wei Chang Feng that he would arrive late in the afternoon, thinking of giving Wei Chang Feng a surprise.

Chen Shan arranged for someone to pick up Qi Le An from the airport. The driver drove Qi Le An to the film and television base as he was instructed by Chen Shan. Qi Le An knew which hotel Wei Chang Feng and the crew were staying in, he also booked a room there.

He arrived at about three o’clock in the afternoon. He went to the hotel to take a shower and get changed. He spent a long time checking himself before heading out to the set of “History of Death”.

Qi Le An loved the fact that the film and television base was not open to tourists, it meant he didn’t have to avoid the fans. Qi Le An walked on the streets without a mask or cap knowing that the people walking past him were all crew members.

When Qi Le An arrived at the set of “History of Death”, it happened to be Wei Chang Feng’s scene.

“History of Death” was a story that took place in the Republic of China, the buildings and the streets all replicated Old ShangHai architecture, the extras were wearing historic costumes as well. Qi Le An was amazed by the scene, he thought he had time traveled and he appreciated the hard work the crew members had put into this movie.

This time, Wei Chang Feng played the role of an undercover assassin who disguised himself as a rickshaw worker. He stood out from his colleagues wearing the same ragged clothes, his frame, his aura, his imposing manner, everything about him made him stand out.

Qi Le An approached closer to the scene, and he was shushed by the security. Qi Le An whispered that he was just here to observe the shooting and he wouldn’t make a noise, with that the security left him alone.

He was quite far away from Wei Chang Feng, but he could see the scene clearly, Wei Chang Feng’s customer was a fashionable lady who was trying to tease him, but Wei Chang Feng wore a cold expression the whole time, finally, the fashionable lady seemed to be bored by his reaction. She threw some coins at Wei Chang Feng and turned away.

The coins rolled on the ground. Wei Chang Feng lowered his head and looked at the coins indifferently.

Then the Director shouted ‘cut’! The entire crew became noisy as if someone had the play button. Wei Chang Feng walked away from the rickshaw and raised his head to enjoy the sunshine. Gary handed him a bottle of water and together they walked towards the director. The actress who played the fashionable girl talked to Wei Chang Feng with a smiling face.

Qi Le An felt that Wei Chang Feng was always stood out no matter who was beside him. He watched them walk over to the director who nodded to Wei Chang Feng and praised how Wei Chang Feng delivered the scene.

At this moment, Wei Chang Feng suddenly raised his head.

Through the bustling crowd, Wei Chang Feng and Qi Le An’s eyes met and locked. The two of them were both stunned for a second. Qi Le An couldn’t help but smile. Wei Chang Feng excused himself and strode towards Qi Le An.