Team Naruto

Last Time:

Whatever tension there was, was instantly destroyed by that one joke. Soon after everyone was dismissed and left the office. There was an exam to get to ...

XXXXXXXXXX

Sakura was skipping to her team meeting place in a really good mood. The pinkette was just turning the corner when she saw something that made her stop and coo in delight. It was the sight of a cute couple kissing. To her surprise she saw the hokage's grandson with the redhead, who was sharing a kiss with a very hot blonde guy dressed in black with a red jacket. Yet again, she cooed when the hot blonde went from kissing the redhead to kissing Konohamaru and realized they were all together. After the kissing ended her jaw hit the ground in pure shock when she finally got a good look at the blonde's face.

"Naruto?!" Sakura shrieked when she looked at the blonde with the cool glasses much more closely.

"I'll see you guys later. Say hi to your sister for me." Naruto said to Kurama before walking towards the pinkette. "Hey, Sakura. It's been a while."

"Yeah." Sakura muttered suddenly rather annoyed. "Since when were you gay?" She asked in an accusatory tone as they went to the meeting spot.

Naruto shrugged, "I always liked guys. Oh! That reminds me. Hinata said she thought I had a crush on you. I honestly don't know what started that. I'm sorry if you got the wrong idea." He said kindly despite not liking her.

Sakura actually rolled her eyes slightly, "Sure. No big deal." She said, but an awkward silence lingered as they made it to the meeting spot and waited until Sasuke arrived. "Sasuke! I missed you-"

Sasuke huffed and yanked his arm away from Sakura, "Whatever. Just don't hold me back during the exam." Sasuke snapped as he went over to brood under a tree. For a second he looked at Naruto and snorted. "New clothes won't change anything." He said and almost seemed annoyed when Naruto didn't respond or even look at him.

"Exam?" Sakura asked Sasuke, completely clueless about what he meant, but she didn't get an answer. Glaring at Naruto was her next solution.

Naruto blinked, "Seriously? Didn't Kakashi tell you? The chunin exams are today. That's why there's so many foreign ninjas in the village. We've known about it for 3 months."

"3 months?!" Sakura exclaimed with her usual sharp shriek making Naruto wince slightly.

At that exact moment Kakashi appeared in a puff of smoke, "Yo!" He said cheerfully before looking at Naruto. "Nice clothes! How'd your three months of training with team 8 go?"

"I wasn't used to having a sensei that actually trained me instead of running off to have some alone time with an emo." Naruto said bluntly. Of course, that was far from the truth. Guren and Kurama took training him very seriously, but Kakashi didn't know that.

Kakashi blinked not expecting that answer, "Uuuummm ... ok. You certainly look the part." Kakashi commented in a tone that seemed too cheerful. Naruto could tell that Kakashi really believed he won the bet and that he was weak just with less orange. "Now the exam starts in 10 minutes so get going!"

Sakura's jaw dropped, "10 minutes?! Where-" She was cut by the puff of smoke that Kakashi made as he vanished. "This is bad-" She was cut off again, but this time it was because her two teammates took off in the same direction. "Of course you'd know, Sasuke! You're so smart!" She said happily, but then she scowled. "Stop trying to take credit, idiot!" She snapped. It truly annoyed her that Naruto was trying to make it look like he was leading the way.

"Ok." The blonde said casually.

Obviously, both Sasuke and Sakura expected Naruto to slow down so that Sasuke was in the lead. Instead of playing peacemaker like always Naruto picked up speed and bolted far ahead. The two members of team 7 were left in the dust and with their jaws hanging wide open.