2.

THE LOW, A JACK HARLOW FIC.   

CHAPTER TWO.

BEGIN.

Jack wasn't the kind of guy to be tied down to anything or anybody for that matter. He tried it once and it didn't work out. Too much responsibility. He loved people that respected that. In some way or another it meant they respected him.

That's why when he saw the beautiful woman a few feet away from him shoot daggers into his back he felt like he should be worried. He didn't like girls with attitude problems and he didn't like finding out that people had awful true colors.

SZA was mad about something. Her entire demeanor was different from before. She was looking at Jack like he'd just called her a bitch. She looks disgusted and despite that there was something scratching at his mind.

Don't let her go. Try to be friends.

He flashed a weary smile at the reporter sitting across from him. She only wanted to know a few things from him so he didn't want to be rude. But he could feel SZA waiting. He could feel that she might not be the kind of girl that likes waiting.

"So last question.. " the reporter clicked her pen and closed her notepad, looking up with her dark brown eyes a little too passionately for someone who was on duty, "have you had any thoughts about who you might want to be Ms.Harlow?" She spoke in a low calming voice.

He shouted a laugh, uncomfortably, and shook his head. He had to keep his appearance up with his every single reporter. He was mostly himself. In front of cameras in front of reporters. But this woman was clearly here for one thing. It wouldn't surprise him if he threw her notepad away and she didn't blink.

He thought of SZA. Her cute little death glare was working sweat onto his head but he had to admit. Settling down with her would be nice. It would be more than nice. He would like it and the industry would love it.

They loved it when he gave Saweetie a hand shake, if he wanted to ask her out he would've but he didn't. That disappointed the fans but he was sure dating someone like SZA wouldn't. She seemed... sweet anyways.

He remembered she was waiting and waved by to the reporter. He sank smiling in front of her. He forgot that her beauty was so intimidating. Even more than that she had a deep scowl on her face that transitioned between anger and sadness. "Hey" he said with a quick smirk and handed her the drink.

It was warm.

Maybe that's what set her off. He could see her eyes wander over his body and back to his face before she rolled her eyes. Why was she so mad? I mean it wasn't that serious, was it? Was she this angry because the Coke was warm?

It didn't matter, she rolled her eyes at him which was tacky. He remembered that his ex did it all the time. Right before cursing him out for some dumb thing. He was mad now, not that he wanted to take it out on her but he simply was. He had a bit of a policy to ignore girls with attitudes. They didn't have to be happy 24/7, just not... rude.

"You must be so proud." She said snapping at him. He didn't like where this was going, he set his drink to the side of him. She was being... weird but most of all catty. It wasn't attractive.

"You talk to every woman as this party. All you have to do is get them a Coke and you're in their pants right?" His eyes widened. Nobody spoke to him like that. Who did she think she was to just assume that? Was this about the reporter? He didn't belong to her and he definitely didn't have to explain himself.

He always had to explain himself with his ex.

"I'm not sure what you're trying to say." He balled his fist, his face getting tight and his eyes staring into her. Don't show weakness. All the anger on his face was right there, he took a deep breath and walked in the other direction. He didn't need this, or her.

He wasn't gonna be at a party and be disrespected.

It's been a while and he still regrets how things went with Solána that night. But what can he do? She was annoying and had an attitude. No way he was dealing with that again.

authors note : hey y'all 😏
I prewrite most chapters but I forgot about this since I broke my ankle, not as broke as me haha... 🥲
anyways vote 🗳
Literally if you read this story go check out SOLAANAS books too cuz they're great